Thread: Hellenic Auxilia (Expanded Hellenic AOR) [Proposed Mod]

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Default Hellenic Auxilia (Expanded Hellenic AOR) [Proposed Mod]

Hello all, I am trying to figure out how to make a mod that will allow each Hellenic faction to recruit most of the other Hellenic factional units when they take their territory. For instance, I would like to make it the case that when you take Apollonia as Sparta, you can recruit Epirote Hoplites, Thureophoroi, Cavalry, and Thorakitaifrom Apollonia. I would like to make it so that if you recruit an army there, you don’t just have “Spartans” in Spartan garb, that aren’t from Sparta, and rather, you have Epirote troops fighting on behalf of Sparta. I’d like to make it similar to the original AOR system in that, factional units that don’t belong to you should have a lower morale threshold as a drawback. I am thinking that I can use the unique factional capitals as recruitment hubs to allow for this AOR add-on. So for instance, using the building chain for “Pella,” I think that as a foreign Hellenic power maybe I could add some of their troops to that building, allowing for a by-region approach rather than making it provincial, like the default AOR system, which would be potentially game-breaking if widened to include all Hellenic factional troops. I’d like to hear thoughts on the viability of such a mod, as I am trying to figure out how I would go about implementing it.

Default Re: Hellenic Auxilia (Expanded Hellenic AOR) [Proposed Mod]

Probably you'd have to start with the pack editor -- lately i've been messing around with adding different weapons to units and it's quite easy. But I have not yet looked at recruitment. Give it a shot!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: Hellenic Auxilia (Expanded Hellenic AOR) [Proposed Mod]

Guessing that you aren't working on this. I'm learning how to mod TW and feel the need to tell a bunch of people who didn't ask, every little thought that crosses my mind. I'll go make my own post.