Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Award] Gigantus for Modding Service Award & Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default [Award] Gigantus for Modding Service Award & Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

Guys this is an emergency, its been 3 months Gigantus got his last award. If we don't keep him fed he'll devour us all.

So I nominate him for the Modding Service Award and the Legio 501st Modder (Gold) medal.

To qualify for the Modding Service Award, the nominee must have participated within a workshop section with distinction over the span of 6 months or released a hosted modification.

Awarded by the Curia for one or more of the following: creating a detailed and original tutorial containing relevant media (screenshots, video, code snippets), releasing a minor mod involving at minimum a single modding section (units, scripting, mapping, animations, sounds, media) of work estimated to have taken more than 5 hours or a remarkable act that benefits TWC modding community.

Its safe to say he fits these requirements.

Links to all of Gigantus' tutorials can be found here.
    Links to Gigantus' mods (and 'curated mods', whatever they are) can be found here.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 22, 2019 at 01:17 AM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Gigantus for Modding Service Award & Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

Support.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Gigantus for Modding Service Award & Legio 501st Modder (Gold)

I totally agree he deserves those, if anything because A) I don't want to be swallowed yet and B) it was a lot of job to run the competition for those medals
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

"Support".
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support, as if we have a choice
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Support. I didn't even know this award existed. Times are a changing...

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

sUpPoRt

This one support this nomination as any modder should do and that's to type it as modded one can do.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Gig is a shoe-in for these awards, but I'll add a modicum more effort to the post.
    Links to all of Gigantus' tutorials can be found here.
    Links to Gigantus' mods (and 'curated mods', whatever they are) can be found here.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Gigantus is Modding....support

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This hasn't move to vote yet? Shameful display.

He has too many; he looks like a North Korean General

But wait,...
    Unlike a North Korean General, he actually did everything he is being awarded for.
    SUPPORT

Support
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Support

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

And this question in poll? ...

"Poll: Does Gigantus seriously need more bling weighing down his posts?"

I agree; it is inappropriate. Role-play comments ok, but facetious comments that can be misinterpreted not ok.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Considering who's nominating, who's nominated and who's the current consul, I'm finding it fine actually. The curia definitively needs to be less rigid - I'd say.

Now, regarding this nomination, shame we can't skip the poll. We would have saved time
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The curia definitively needs to be less rigid - I'd say.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Now, regarding this nomination, shame we can't skip the poll. We would have saved time
    Perhaps an amendent is in order here and it is like this.

If a member is nominated for an award and the outcome in a vote is well known then voting might be skipped at the disrection of the Consul.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I was just kidding Mate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I agree; it is inappropriate. Role-play comments ok, but facetious comments that can be misinterpreted not ok.
    Seriously?

It would be, to use a role-play term, quite out of character if Gigantus were to take that one wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast