Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

  1. #1
    B. W.'s Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,492

    Default Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The point of asking a question like that is to be informed. That article mentions him once referring the Clean Power Plan. FYI, Clean Power Plan has nothing to do with oil production. I guess you failed to find any worthy link to support your assertion. In reality, oil production was already booming under Obama, and it continued under Trump. The reason was mostly due to technological advances. As early as 2012, International Energy Agency guessed that USA would be number one in oil production by 2020. What Trump did mostly made it less safe, hence, cheaper for oil companies to produce pretty much the same amount of oil they would produce otherwise. I can tell you what Obama did to help this though. He allowed Republicans to have a lift a ban on crude oil exports in 2015 in exchange for his spending bill.
    From the White House page:

    MUCH NEEDED REFORM: The past Administration burdened Americans with costly regulations that harmed American jobs and energy production.

    • The previous Administration’s Clean Power Plan could cost up to $39 billion a year and increase electricity prices in 41 States by at least ten percent, according to NERA Economic Consulting.
    • The Clean Power Plan would cause coal production to fall by 242 million tons, according to the National Mining Association.
    • 27 states, 24 trade associations, 37 rural electric co-ops, and 3 labor unions are challenging the Clean Power Plan in Federal court.

    AMERICAN ENERGY INDEPENDENCE: President Donald J. Trump’s Energy Independence Policy Executive Order reverses the regulations on American jobs and energy production.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Environmental Protection Agency to suspend, revise, or rescind four actions related to the Clean Power Plan that would stifle the American energy industry.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Attorney General to seek appropriate relief from the courts over pending litigation related to the Clean Power Plan.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order rescinds Executive and Agency actions centered on the previous administration’s climate change agenda that have acted as a road block to energy independence.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts the ban on Federal leasing for coal production.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts job-killing restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, and shale energy.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order directs all agencies to conduct a review of existing actions that harm domestic energy production and suspend, revise, or rescind actions that are not mandated by law.
      • Within 180 days, agencies must finalize their plans.

    • President Trump’ Executive Order directs agencies to use the best available science and economics in regulatory analysis, which was not utilized by the previous administration.
      • It disbands the Interagency Working Group (IWG) on the Social Cost of Greenhouse Gases.

    • By revisiting the federal overreach on energy regulation, President Trump is returning power to the states – where it belongs.

    FREEING AMERICA’S POTENTIAL: President Trump has worked tirelessly to free American industry and ingenuity from the constraints of Government overreach.

    • President Trump has signed four pieces of legislation to clear burdensome and costly regulations on energy production from the previous Administration.
    • President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
    • President Trump has directed each agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations in need of modification or repeal.
    • President Trump has directed the Department of Commerce to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
    • President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to prevent the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
    • President Trump ordered the review of the “Clean Water Rule: Definition of Waters of the United States,” known as the WOTUS rule, to evaluate whether it is stifling economic growth or job creation.
    • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum and gave a Presidential permit to clear roadblocks to construct the Keystone XL Pipeline.
    • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete its construction.

    FULFILLING HIS PROMISE: By taking action on the Clean Power Plan, President Trump is fulfilling his promise to the American people.

    • As a candidate, Mr. Trump promised “we will eliminate… the Clean Power Plan—these unilateral plans will increase monthly electric bills by double-digits without any measurable improvement in the climate.”
    Last edited by alhoon; September 18, 2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Source added

  2. #2
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,140

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Moved from this thread. Including links that support the Original Post would be appreciated.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 18, 2019 at 03:00 AM.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  3. #3

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    MUCH NEEDED REFORM: The past Administration burdened Americans with costly regulations that harmed American jobs and energy production.

    • The previous Administration’s Clean Power Plan could cost up to $39 billion a year and increase electricity prices in 41 States by at least ten percent, according to NERA Economic Consulting.
    • The Clean Power Plan would cause coal production to fall by 242 million tons, according to the National Mining Association.
    • 27 states, 24 trade associations, 37 rural electric co-ops, and 3 labor unions are challenging the Clean Power Plan in Federal court.

    AMERICAN ENERGY INDEPENDENCE: President Donald J. Trump’s Energy Independence Policy Executive Order reverses the regulations on American jobs and energy production.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Environmental Protection Agency to suspend, revise, or rescind four actions related to the Clean Power Plan that would stifle the American energy industry.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order directs the Attorney General to seek appropriate relief from the courts over pending litigation related to the Clean Power Plan.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order rescinds Executive and Agency actions centered on the previous administration’s climate change agenda that have acted as a road block to energy independence.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts the ban on Federal leasing for coal production.
      • President Trump’s Executive Order lifts job-killing restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, and shale energy.

    • President Trump’s Executive Order directs all agencies to conduct a review of existing actions that harm domestic energy production and suspend, revise, or rescind actions that are not mandated by law.
      • Within 180 days, agencies must finalize their plans.

    • President Trump’ Executive Order directs agencies to use the best available science and economics in regulatory analysis, which was not utilized by the previous administration.
      • It disbands the Interagency Working Group (IWG) on the Social Cost of Greenhouse Gases.

    • By revisiting the federal overreach on energy regulation, President Trump is returning power to the states – where it belongs.

    FREEING AMERICA’S POTENTIAL: President Trump has worked tirelessly to free American industry and ingenuity from the constraints of Government overreach.

    • President Trump has signed four pieces of legislation to clear burdensome and costly regulations on energy production from the previous Administration.
    • President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
    • President Trump has directed each agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations in need of modification or repeal.
    • President Trump has directed the Department of Commerce to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
    • President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to prevent the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
    • President Trump ordered the review of the “Clean Water Rule: Definition of Waters of the United States,” known as the WOTUS rule, to evaluate whether it is stifling economic growth or job creation.
    • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum and gave a Presidential permit to clear roadblocks to construct the Keystone XL Pipeline.
    • President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete its construction.

    FULFILLING HIS PROMISE: By taking action on the Clean Power Plan, President Trump is fulfilling his promise to the American people.

    • As a candidate, Mr. Trump promised “we will eliminate… the Clean Power Plan—these unilateral plans will increase monthly electric bills by double-digits without any measurable improvement in the climate.”
    Simply copy pasting from White House website doesn't really address what I wrote there. It shows a lack of critical thinking. That lack of critical thinking is abundantly made clear by the fact that oil production, which is the actual topic of our discussion, is mentioned only once in this copy-paste where it talks about lifting "job-killing restrictions on the production of oil" which gives no details whatsoever. The points in my post remains unaddressed. Can we not be informed?


    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Moved from this thread. Including links that support the Original Post would be appreciated.
    Under what logic are you asking for links to support the original post without carrying the original post here? For others, no, the post B.W. quoted was not the original post of this particular discussion. alhoon, if you want proper links please provide proper editing.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  4. #4
    B. W.'s Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,492

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Simply copy pasting from White House website doesn't really address what I wrote there. It shows a lack of critical thinking. That lack of critical thinking is abundantly made clear by the fact that oil production, which is the actual topic of our discussion, is mentioned only once in this copy-paste where it talks about lifting "job-killing restrictions on the production of oil" which gives no details whatsoever. The points in my post remains unaddressed. Can we not be informed?




    Under what logic are you asking for links to support the original post without carrying the original post here? For others, no, the post B.W. quoted was not the original post of this particular discussion. alhoon, if you want proper links please provide proper editing.
    You asked what Trump has done to increase energy production. Well, there it is. It was linked in the article I posted. Too bad you didn't take time to read it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    You asked what Trump has done to increase energy production. Well, there it is. It was linked in the article I posted. Too bad you didn't take time to read it.
    You claimed Trump made USA independent of foreign oil. I asked what Trump did. What you tried to substantiate your claim with didn't hold ground. Hence, you're unable to address a single point I made. You're religiously hiding behind a propaganda text now.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  6. #6
    B. W.'s Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,492

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    You claimed Trump made USA independent of foreign oil. I asked what Trump did. What you tried to substantiate your claim with didn't hold ground. Hence, you're unable to address a single point I made. You're religiously hiding behind a propaganda text now.
    I addressed your point precisely. Those are the things Trump has done to improve energy production. So now, defend your claim that it is propaganda. List the things that aren't true and give some evidence.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    I addressed your point precisely. Those are the things Trump has done to improve energy production. So now, defend your claim that it is propaganda. List the things that aren't true and give some evidence.
    Nope. You didn't even attempted to do that. The post you quoted in post #1 remains untouched by you. You're simply trying to deflect from the actual issue to create a position you think you can defend. I already told what was problematic with your copy-paste. It doesn't address how Trump made USA independent of Middle Eastern oil. It ignores all the points I made in my post.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; September 19, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  8. #8
    B. W.'s Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bayou country
    Posts
    2,492

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. You didn't even attempted to do that. The post you quoted in post #1 remains untouched by you. You're simply trying to deflect from the actual issue to create a position you think you can defend. I already told what was problematic with your copy-paste. It doesn't address how Trump made USA independent of Middle Eastern oil. It ignores all the points I made in my post.
    You asked the question: "What did Trump do?" in reference to US oil production. I responded with an article that answered the question. The White House statement was included in a link embedded in the article. It explains exactly what Trump has done for oil production. Just because the moderator failed to include the question that started this conversation and distorted what was said doesn't give you the privilege to ignore it or pretend it didn't occur.

    No matter, you seem to be implying that because oil production was up during the Obama years that Obama was responsible for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The increases were due to increased production on privately owned leases. Oil production on federally owned leases that Obama controlled was down.

    In spite of the fact that Obama appointed judges have tried to stop the Trump agenda time and time again, they have all been overturned. Democrat judges have acted so beyond their constitutional jurisdiction that legislation is being formulated that would prevent a single judge to affect national policies.

    Going further and speaking specifically on the production increase during the Obama years. Even though it was an increase it was no where near making the US energy self sufficient. That is due to Trump's policies. So there.

    I believe I've said all I need to say in this thread.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    You asked the question: "What did Trump do?" in reference to US oil production. I responded with an article that answered the question. The White House statement was included in a link embedded in the article. It explains exactly what Trump has done for oil production. Just because the moderator failed to include the question that started this conversation and distorted what was said doesn't give you the privilege to ignore it or pretend it didn't occur.
    No matter, you seem to be implying that because oil production was up during the Obama years that Obama was responsible for it. Nothing could be further from the truth. The increases were due to increased production on privately owned leases. Oil production on federally owned leases that Obama controlled was down.
    In spite of the fact that Obama appointed judges have tried to stop the Trump agenda time and time again, they have all been overturned. Democrat judges have acted so beyond their constitutional jurisdiction that legislation is being formulated that would prevent a single judge to affect national policies.
    Going further and speaking specifically on the production increase during the Obama years. Even though it was an increase it was no where near making the US energy self sufficient. That is due to Trump's policies. So there.
    I believe I've said all I need to say in this thread.
    I really don't understand how people can type up such blatantly ignorant things. Your accusation of me that I'm somehow ignoring what was said before is beyond idiotic. I'm the one trying to remind you what was claimed, asked and shown. You're continuing to ignore or distort everything I typed. The only accurate part is your opening sentence, in bold there.

    The only line that refers to oil production from your copy-paste as I already pointed out:
    President Trump’s Executive Order lifts job-killing restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, and shale energy.
    No detail whatsoever is given, nor by itself its enough to suggest Trump made USA independent for oil.

    This was my post:
    The point of asking a question like that is to be informed. That article mentions him once referring the Clean Power Plan. FYI, Clean Power Plan has nothing to do with oil production. I guess you failed to find any worthy link to support your assertion. In reality, oil production was already booming under Obama, and it continued under Trump. The reason was mostly due to technological advances. As early as 2012, International Energy Agency guessed that USA would be number one in oil production by 2020. What Trump did mostly made it less safe, hence, cheaper for oil companies to produce pretty much the same amount of oil they would produce otherwise. I can tell you what Obama did to help this though. He allowed Republicans to have a lift a ban on crude oil exports in 2015 in exchange for his spending bill.
    At no point did I suggest that rise in oil production was due to Obama policies. I explicitly pointed out that the rise was mostly due to technological advances. However, overall, oil production in Obama presidency was up by 70%. Since Trump took office the rise is about 39%. There is no quantum jump in Trump presidency that you're suggesting.

    You started this conversation with the accusation that I was gravely misinformed about the subject only to exhibit arguments that lacked proper knowledge.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  10. #10

    Default Re: Trump administration reforms of the energy production regulations

    If PoVG did indeed ask this question, then it'll take quite a bit of know how and analysis to determine the answer. Knowing, at least so some level of accuracy, how the Trump Administration affected oil production specifically, rather than how it simply changed during Trump's tenure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •