Thread: Apple's iPhones are not safe

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Apple's iPhones are not safe

I had just read the security bulletin Panda Security share with it users and this time it is about Apple's iPhone.

https://www.pandasecurity.com/mediac...phones-hacked/
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: Apple's iPhones are not safe

No connected device is safe in general. For the average user or corporate use, I'd actually venture to say that iPhones are much more secure from a privacy standpoint, than you average Android. It's a much more closed system with a greater control over the functions of the phone. I.e. you can install apps on Android off the built-in browser, whereas almost all Apple apps go through a specific app store process.

Otherwise, give a hacker enough time, and he will gain access into virtually anything.

Yeah Android, iOS etc can end up having vulnerabilities just like windows and it all depends how quickly it's discovered and patched up. What's alarming here is the time span, no vulnerability should take a couple of years to get detected and patched.
    Previously iCloud was also hacked which resulted in leakage of several nude photos of known celebrities. "The Fappening" it was called. lol.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Linux, a system where you have a tiny fraction of the likelyhood as windows to get literally any kind of malicious threat even actually functioning on your system when you get it, had an unpatched issue in the kernal for years before it became known about.

Everything that has greater sophistication than the original designs of DOS has impossibly wide combinations of code and potential for unexpected behavior (and considering it too had its own issues, there goes that, nothing is safe), so even finding an exploit, even something simple seeming, years down the line is nothing for me to go 'well, time to pack my bags'. It's if a company reliably has those problems again and again or continuously fails to patch fundamental problems, and that doesn't seem to apply here. Virtually all compromises, especially at user level, occur from human error in prodding something they shouldn't anyways.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

iOS in general is more secure because it's a more closed environment - and also because it doesn't really allow .exe's / files to execute inside the ecosystem unless they conform to a specific set of rules. As a rule of thumb, no device is safe, so stay away from shady websites and keep your phone locked. (and protected with a case)
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!