Thread: Issues after adding a new culture to vanilla.

Default Issues after adding a new culture to vanilla.

I've been send here from the steam forums after they couldn't help me there.

I've replaced the culture of the papal states by a new culture called 'roman'.
    All of my modifications seem to work. But when I enter a battle with a settlement using the new culture the game defaults to the Aztec building set and I don't know why because it should still be using southern_european building set.
    Any way to fix this?

Default Re: Issues after adding a new culture to vanilla.

Welcome to the forum

You'll need .worldpkgdesc files for each building and settlement level you want to appear, with 'roman' as the culture and the path to whichever southern_european building .world you want to use. And for them to work you'll need packagedb.txt in your modfolder.

Have you tried adding those at all yet?

(I don't think there's any other way to control what the culture defaults to for battle-map building)

I have not yet tried any of that. But what is packagedb.txt? Because this is the first time I've heard about that particular file.

packagedb.txt is a text file that will be in your main M2/data folder if you have unpacked, it's contents are just
    ; List of directories to search for packages
    .\settlements
    which tells the game to search the settlements folder for .worldpkgdesc files at start up. You just need to put a copy of that in your mod-folder/data folder, otherwise the game won't read any new pkg's you put in the mod-folder

it's very simple but it's the thing most people miss and wonder why things aren't working!