Because I really like the garrison system of newer TW titles, I tried to get something similar into BOTET by adding free upkeep slots to recruitment buildings. Unfortunately that made the campaign crash upon loading and some research revealed that a building can't give any sort of bonus (including the free_upkeep bonus) when it can recruit units for which other buildings are also required via the building_present condition (found at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nt-quot-in-EDB ). As it stands, that is true for basically every building that I want to give free upkeep slots to

An example would be

Code:
        cannon_arsenal_2 requires factions { russia, southern_european, poland, } and not factions { papal_states, kalmar_union, hungary, }
        {
            capability
            {
                recruit_pool "Uragan"  1   0.125   2  0  requires factions { russia, } and building_present_min_level academic alchemists_lab

recruit_pool "Empire Cannon"  1   0.1   1  0  requires factions { portugal, spain, hre, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, } and building_present_min_level academic alchemists_lab    
                recruit_pool "Empire Mortar"  1   0.1   1  0  requires factions { spain, hre, portugal, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, } and building_present_min_level academic alchemists_lab 

recruit_pool "Nuln Cannon"  1   0.084   1  0  requires factions { portugal, } and building_present_min_level academic alchemists_lab    

recruit_pool "Dwarfs cannon"  1   0.125   1  0  requires factions { poland, }

;free_upkeep bonus 3    <-- causes crash when uncommented
             }
            material wooden
            construction  5
            cost  5000 
            settlement_min village
            upgrades
            {
                cannon_arsenal_3
            }
        }
Is there any way to circumvent the crash while keeping those sweet free upkeep slots?