Thread: Why is assassination limited to members of your own party? (and also a bug with civil wars)

Default Why is assassination limited to members of your own party? (and also a bug with civil wars)

There is a particular odious head of the Sons of Ares party and he threatens the stability of the glorious Hellenic League, which has brought peace and order to the Mediterranean through the spears of the King! And yet I find myself unable to actually just kill the bastard.

I would only ever want to assassinate threats to my rule, and that's not going to come from inside the royal family. It makes no sense. I never use assassination at all, whereas it could be quite useful if this was fixed. in Crusader Kings II I would have this guy roasting on a spit in a minute, but because of this buggy political system I have to let him sow discontent until I fight a pointless civil war.

When they do secede, all the cities have no garrison -- it makes it far too easy if I already have armies in the region. They should have full garrisons in cities, and probably more armies should spawn. As of now it's just a massive pain rather than an interesting, Caesar-esque scenario. The mechanic should be really fun and interesting, but instead I have to arbitrarily wait for some idiot to declare war on the greatest empire on Earth with three archer units and no garrisons.

Can anything be done to fix this?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: Why is assassination limited to members of your own party? (and also a bug with civil wars)

Which faction? Sounds like a bug, missed garrison assignments.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Why is assassination limited to members of your own party? (and also a bug with civil wars)

The faction is Pergamon.

What about the assassination issue? Is that working as designed?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I don't remember how this work for vanilla system but in PIGS submod you can kill anyone (if some conditions I don't recall are met).
    So it is doable, don't ask me how 'cause I don't remember it.

I had once a "kill the one I want" pack but I don't have it no more, I can redo it if you wish.
    Or maybe you could just use the PIGS cheat pack, I use it for testing purposes, should work with DeI and vanilla too. It will max out the intrigue possibilities setting costs and backslashes to 0.
    Use it in particular situations like for that bastard. OTHERWISE IT'S CHEATING.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/arod2r...HEAT.pack/file