Greetings fellow modders,

as the title already says, I am looking for a way of editing the startpos.esf of Darthmod 8.1 (+ submod CB 2.2) for ETW. Sounds trivial, but somehow it turns out to be more complicated than expected.

So far I tried the following tools, but to no avail:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EsfEditor143
EsfEditor145
EsfEditor15b
EasyEsf
EditSF111
and maybe a few others I already deleted again and forgot about...

I was able to read the startpos.esf directly or parse it to XML format. However, saving/reparsing the startpos.esf without having changed a thing causes CTD on startup when using it. Things like moving city parts around the map by editing regions.esf was possible, though. Thus I conclude it to be a problem with that specific startpos.esf.

Before taking the tedious approach and forcing aforementioned startpos.esf to see things my way with hexedit etc., I wanted to ask:
Has anybody encountered the same problem already?
Does it possibly require a specific version of a tool?
Any ideas why exactly it crashes (changed startpos.esf format with mods, specific parsing issues,...)?

And failing that:
Is there any guide to lua scripting (just possible commands and syntax are sufficient), so I can just force the changes by script to take place on campaign creation?
So far I found already the following (maybe not up to date?) threads regarding the subject:

Many thanks in advance for any of your ideas!