Thread: Corrupted saves and mem leaks

Icon5 Corrupted saves and mem leaks

Decided to come back to ETW after a long time away. I had forgotten about memory leaks and corrupted saved games. Do any of the mods address these? At least the corrupted saves? Was pretty far into a grand campaign and now it crashes after I end the current turn.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Corrupted saves and mem leaks

It's very frustrating when we get really into a campaign and the saved game is corrupted. What I've learned about corrupted saves is here. This provides a way to prevent new saved from being corrupted. It won't prevent the problem from starting again (I suggested a couple of possible ways to do that in the post I liked to, although I can't guarantee that it will never happen). As far as I know, there's no way to repair a corrupted save file.

I don't know what you mean by a memory leak problem, could you be more specific about what you see happening (or not happening) in the game?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It's very frustrating when we get really into a campaign and the saved game is corrupted. What I've learned about corrupted saves is here. This provides a way to prevent new saved from being corrupted. It won't prevent the problem from starting again (I suggested a couple of possible ways to do that in the post I liked to, although I can't guarantee that it will never happen). As far as I know, there's no way to repair a corrupted save file.
    Good to know. I need to remember that, should I also get corrupted gamesaves.

I don't know what you mean by a memory leak problem, could you be more specific about what you see happening (or not happening) in the game?
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that ETW doesn't support compressed gamesaves and having too many big gamesaves in the C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder could cause a mem leak.

Of course I could be wrong, but I do know that having too many gamesaves can actually freeze ETW. Which I've had a few times in the past.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Good to know. I need to remember that, should I also get corrupted gamesaves.
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that ETW doesn't support compressed gamesaves and having too many big gamesaves in the C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder could cause a mem leak.

Of course I could be wrong, but I do know that having too many gamesaves can actually freeze ETW. Which I've had a few times in the past.
    Ah, I see, thanks, it sounds like the way to prevent the memory leak is to delete some old saves occasionally.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Ah, I see, thanks, it sounds like the way to prevent the memory leak is to delete some old saves occasionally.
    I always create an archive for a lot of gamesaves, instead of deleting gamesaves, then I moved the archive to somewhere else and doing that often helps.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.