Thread: Changing unit sizes for DeI

Default Changing unit sizes for DeI

I'll try to keep this simple, is there currently any mod out there that IS up to date that changes DeI unit sizes a little bigger? The current mod I was using (DeI: Historical Units Sizes) is now outdated and not sure when it will be back up. Or better yet, is there a tutorial out there that I can change DeI units myself?

Default Re: Changing unit sizes for DeI

I am not sure about a submod that increases unit sizes, most people find them a bit too large already. To edit them:

Download PFM.

Open Part 1 of the mod. Go to the main_units table.

Change unit sizes to whatever you want. If its a cav unit you also need to change mount number in land units.

If you want to change population size, you have to edit script/manpower/units.lua.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dresden, do you know what the PACK file is called for DeI? I've opened my Rome 2 folder where "data_rome2.pack" file is located and there's also PACK files for literally all of the other submods installed with DeI but no DeI itself.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

If you have DeI from Steam, it will be stored in location like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content

For some reason all mods from steam are now stored in this location for TW games and it is hard to figure out which is which as folder names do not have...game or mod in the name, just random numbers. Luckily if you go into one of the folders, mod name will be in the name of the file.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    If you have DeI from Steam, it will be stored in location like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content

For some reason all mods from steam are now stored in this location for TW games and it is hard to figure out which is which as folder names do not have...game or mod in the name, just random numbers. Luckily if you go into one of the folders, mod name will be in the name of the file.
    Ah yes, i've found the files im looking for, thank you. Now the issues is literally changing the value for ALLLLL of the units lol.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can just apply blank math formula like x*2, you should be done with it in few minutes for all tables, just remember to also change mount values in land units too so there will be enough horses for all
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Does "campaign_unit_multiplier" work in the user.script like it does for Napoleon? If so, that'd be the easiest way to increase unit sizes. Alternatively, you could edit the corresponding value in the save file, units on the field wont be affected, but new recruits and retrained units will be.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nope

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You can just apply blank math formula like x*2, you should be done with it in few minutes for all tables, just remember to also change mount values in land units too so there will be enough horses for all
    The problem with the multiplier I found is that it bugs up naval units. Well not bug but since there is too many units for one ship, two will show up and it can get annoying because even though they look like two separate units, they act as one. So using them in a fleet battle gets weird. If one ship gets destroyed, the other one will rout no matter what i've found. Also when you disembark them onto land, not all of the soldiers actually appear on land. Almost as if the rest of the crew were under decks and never got out.

Is there a way to add a multiplier only to land units and not naval units? Even though if you disembark them, they'll be heavily outnumbered which is fine with me because it seems realistic to me. A single trireme could only hold a certain number of men, hence why a fleet had hundreds of ships when battling or transporting.

The whole reason why im asking so many questions regarding sizes is because recently i've built a computer that is so powerful that it can run Rome 2 on pretty much Ultra High Graphics and run smoothly. So I thought "Hey, why not play Rome 2 again and add even more men to units to get some spectacular battles going" And so I did with 41 unit armies and 31 unit navies to the campaign along with actually adding more men to each unit on the battle map. I just have to tweak some files to kind of balance everything out. Such as balancing the naval units so there is a reasonable amount of troops on each ship so it wont get all buggy, changing unit sizes so there are more men on the field, and also changing the garrison unit sizes to fit my accommodation.

Do you know where to change garrison sizes as well? lol
    Sorry im pretty green with modding and changing files.