Thread: Thirty Unit Armies

Default Thirty Unit Armies

Hi there!

It has been a long time since I have played Rome II - life gets in the way - and the only way to do it is with DeI!

I have been digging around trying to find old threads where 30 unit army balance was discussed. IU have always found 30 units to be the "Goldilocks" zone in terms of battle, but recall that DeI supply limits are balanced for 20 units.

I am trying to run DEI in a fairly vanilla way with the following:
    - DEI Better Spotting
    - Gens Julia
    - Gladiator Recruitment
    - 4TPY Build/Research/Cost
    - DeI Faster Battle 2.0
    - All Diplomatic Options
    - 41 Units in Army + Custom Banner
    - Larger Battlefields
    - Aqueducts
    - Resource Colour Fix

I'd also be interested in any other mods people would suggest as it's been a long time since I have played. I'm intending on playing as Rome.

I'm sorry if I have re-posted an old thread, I tried to search but didn't have much luck.

Thanks in advance!

XF

Default Re: Thirty Unit Armies

Got a question. Is 41 Units in Army + Custom Banner save game compatible? Can I just install and continue my campaign?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I don't know about any of the above, but the very popular submod Data Venia, is already set up and balanced for 40 units. You might find it easier to ditch that massive collection of mods and just use that overhaul -- but it does change battles to so you'll have to decide what you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I don't know about any of the above, but the very popular submod Data Venia, is already set up and balanced for 40 units. You might find it easier to ditch that massive collection of mods and just use that overhaul -- but it does change battles to so you'll have to decide what you prefer.
    I tried this solution but weirdly enough using EditSF on my save file kept causing Bitdefender to flag it as a trojan - even adding the Rome 2 save directory and the specific .save file extension to exclusions didn't help so in the end I had to give up. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Well this sucks!

I recall there was a .lua script that I could use to change supply tables within DeI to 30 units, but I cannot for the life of me dig up where I found it.

:-(