Thread: Region trading

Default Region trading

Is it possible to make region trading a diplomatic option? Similar to the diplomatic option in Three Kingdoms?

Default Re: Region trading

As far as I know, the DEI team is either already working on it, or they will start it in the near future.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Maybe, but nobody has done that, yet.

You certainly can't make it one of the diplomatic options, but it might be possible to write a script that will allow such an option.

Such mod was created for Attila, however it's creator said once, from what I remember, that Rome 2 engine has some limitations in that regard that would make it even more difficult to create such script on this engine.

And even if you manage to do so, that will most likely work purely as a cheat tool to take/give regions to the AI as the biggest obstacle here would be to design an AI that can understand and use this script effectively. Creating this script for Attila was a phenomenal achievement, no doubt, but that's more or less how people use it, as a cheat tool.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

There are region trade, hostage, technology trade, marriage and trade embargo options buried in diplomatic options data. These are not just remnants of Shogun2 options, CA even prepared negotiation attitudes for them, but I have no idea if it is possible to introduce them in game.

I think it's possible to make it available. With data remnants of the historical battles also the battles of Thapsus and Pharsalus could be restored ( Historical Battle Mod for Rome 2 ).

With a regional trade availability, for example Mark Anton in his campaign could temporarily satisfy the parther and first concentrate on other Romans. I think that this Roman fraction is the most difficult one...

Hm, a trade embargo wouldn't be bad either.

When Rome 2 was about to be released, there were diplomatic screens where Macedonia hates you for war crimes against the Epirots. Unfortunately this was never taken over ( I suppose that it means the execution and burning down of conquered cities or prisoners ).

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Jake is working on it for his political submod (PIGS). This has been discussed a lot recently.... he's not done with it yet last I heard.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

yep, I already have a simple working function.

The attila/WH method requires UI scripts, which are difficult to do (to me at least) and probably Rome 2 doesn't have those scripting possibilities.
    Honestly, I don't like at all the attila/WH method 'cause is pretty arcadish. You push a button, you pay and you get the prize. Good monkeys gets bananas...
    My way (should be 99% doable) would require the VPS system (assigning virtual points) and an agent who is virtually conducting negotiations.
    Haven't started to do that yet but it should n't require much time. Then some tests will tell us how this will work.

@ valerius

hostage: think it's void
    technology trade: yes there should be a lua function released with the political patch too
    marriage: yep and we already have both the intrigues and event function which are working fine
    trade embargo: this I have no idea but there is an entry into political scripts too but maybe they abandoned that part

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Such mod was created for Attila, however it's creator said once, from what I remember, that Rome 2 engine has some limitations in that regard that would make it even more difficult to create such script on this engine.

And even if you manage to do so, that will most likely work purely as a cheat tool to take/give regions to the AI as the biggest obstacle here would be to design an AI that can understand and use this script effectively. Creating this script for Attila was a phenomenal achievement, no doubt, but that's more or less how people use it, as a cheat tool.
    Was that mod for Attila only? I think the creator said that it was possible for R2TW but I may be wrong
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Was that mod for Attila only? I think the creator said that it was possible for R2TW but I may be wrong
    Yeap, Attila only. The mod is called MAGA (Make Attila Great Again). His creator, Hardballer, mentioned something about potential difficulties that any attempt to recreate such a mod in other games might entail due to UI differences, as Jake said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yep, I already have a simple working function.

The attila/WH method requires UI scripts, which are difficult to do (to me at least) and probably Rome 2 doesn't have those scripting possibilities.
    Honestly, I don't like at all the attila/WH method 'cause is pretty arcadish. You push a button, you pay and you get the prize. Good monkeys gets bananas...
    My way (should be 99% doable) would require the VPS system (assigning virtual points) and an agent who is virtually conducting negotiations.
    Haven't started to do that yet but it should n't require much time. Then some tests will tell us how this will work.
    This sounds awesome. More like Napoleon: TW region trading than MAGA. Though, MAGA is quite helpful when propping up client states. But yes, way too arcadish

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I wouldn't put much stock into anyone, who says anything, if they named something MAGA.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

what's MAGA?
    ah, sorry, I see now it's the attila mod seleukos was speaking about...
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 15, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

MAGA - Make Attila Great Again, a play off of Trump's Make America Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I wouldn't put much stock into anyone, who says anything, if they named something MAGA.
    right there with you. haha