Thread: What is the max quantity of an unit's damage???

TRACECART's Avatar Laetus
    Wish I was born British, but my homeland is in asia

Icon5 What is the max quantity of an unit's damage???

I've heard that the max damage is 63, but why are some siege weapon's damage is higher than 63?

My main question is can I make an super unit that has an weapon damage above 63? if so, how can I do that?

if my English isn't understandable, apologies to you. if there is something wrong with my English, please point me out.

Default Re: What is the max quantity of an unit's damage???

p.s. what is the max amount of other stats? please let me know.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Well you have to understand how the system works. When you attack, you roll a random 1-max attack stat set in EDU. If you make it 63, it will roll 1-63. The defense rolls a 1-max defense stat set in EDU. If the attack roll surpasses the defense roll, then you inflict him 1 HP damage. If the unit has only 1HP, he dies. If he has more HP, then you need to make him more damage. There is no way in Med 2 to cause more than 1 HP damage per attack BUT a unit can have 15 HP MAX.

Icon3 Re: What is the max quantity of an unit's damage???

Quote Originally Posted by Titus le Chmakus View Post
    Well you have to understand how the system works. When you attack, you roll a random 1-max attack stat set in EDU. If you make it 63, it will roll 1-63. The defense rolls a 1-max defense stat set in EDU. If the attack roll surpasses the defense roll, then you inflict him 1 HP damage. If the unit has only 1HP, he dies. If he has more HP, then you need to make him more damage. There is no way in Med 2 to cause more than 1 HP damage per attack BUT a unit can have 15 HP MAX.
    Thanks for the new info, Titus. so you mean my question should be like this?

How can I make super units that has an attack stat over 63?

You can't. 63 is the max. And it does not guarantee of having a super unit. What do you want to do exactly ?

some of the siege engines has an attack stat above 63 according to medieval 2 wiki(such as basilisks, cannons, culverins, serpentines, monster bombard, etc.,). I want to make an cavalry unit's attack stat above 63, or even 68(superior than monster bombard). So the unit can almost one shot(I mean lance) to deal with another unit. It's impossible(or very difficult) right?

Icon4 Re: What is the max quantity of an unit's damage???

Quote Originally Posted by TRACECART View Post
    some of the siege engines has an attack stat above 63 according to medieval 2 wiki
    have

Nope. These are damages to buildings, not to troops.

If you set units damages to 63 (the hared coded maximum limit), it will depend on how may HP the opponent has. It is impossible to set damages above 1 HP per attack, no matter the attack score is. If you had a stat of 1000 in attack, if the opponent has 2HP, you cannot oneshot him. Impossible.

If all the units have 1 HP in your EDU, then it depends on the defense score you set. But in any case, as the attack roll is random, theorically, a unit with a defense score of 2 could survive to a 63 attack. If the defender rolls a 2 and the attacker rolls a 1, then the defender will survive. Not for long though (as the next attack would probably not roll a 1)...