Thread: Scrolling Error on Campaign Map

Default Scrolling Error on Campaign Map

I recently started working on building a new map, but now I have encountered a very consistent error when I try to scroll around the Campaign Map.

Problem
    Whenever I begin a new campaign you are first resented with the view of your capital settlement. When I scroll to the right, left, up, or down, the screen will freeze for a few seconds then the screen reloads. Many times, after it reloads the portion of the map I am viewing becomes the water texture, but when you move to viewing angle the water disappears and the campaign map looks normal again. Other times I just get a CDT.

If I clicked on the mini map rather then scrolling the map worked well again (so maybe the problem was only with a certain section of the map?) There shouldn't be any problem with the ground textures or climates because I am only using one type of each.

Possible Solution
    I have been looking for a solution and I saw that maybe this kind of error is caused by having to many small provinces located in one area of the map while the rest of the map is only 1 big province. This is exactly how my map is, I have 9 small provinces and 1 giant province.

So I tried this solution, I just divided the map into a number of larger provinces evenly distributed and it seems to have works now.

What was the original Problem?

What mainly causes scrolling errors?

Default Re: Scrolling Error on Campaign Map

In your case it would have been the too large a province. M2 doesn't mind a lot of small provinces, or a lot of sea, but very large land provinces cause crashes/scrolling issues.