Thread: Premium units dying using 90% auto resolve

Default Premium units dying using 90% auto resolve

Now I should first say I’m all for realism and playing through your battles, and I absolutely love the mod and all it brings. But equally a good game of DEI can take me months, so every now and again if it’s a very high % battle and I have a huge advantage, or it’s just a plain annoying battle where you’ve fought the same garrison style army 10 times in the last few hours I think it’s fair to use auto.

My gripe (and it’s minor I know but hey) is that when doing so the casualties are disproportionately high in my premium tough to recruit units, so tier 1 pop cavalry and in particular elephants. Given the odds of the battle I find that a touch un realistic, I don’t really see my Equite cav throwing themselves on the militia spears to save my merc canon fodder, and let’s be honest it’s plain annoying, as I then have to re-recruit or spend forever replenishing.

Can anyone tell me if there’s any way to tweak this (future patch maybe)? Or is it deliberate, the penance for using auto maybe?

Thanks

Default Re: Premium units dying using 90% auto resolve

Its from the base game, unfortunately. I am not sure it can be modded - perhaps someone knows a method.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

cdir_configs_tables has a long list of autoresolve modifiers. Maybe something can be done by tweaking values. I'll test it.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Are the results identical for all three autoresolve options, namely protective, aggressive and balanced stance? I hardly ever autoresolve so can't really tell myself, but I think there might be some differences depending on which option one chooses.

I think this can be tweaked in db/campaign_autoresolver_...

This bothered me as well I reverted those values back to Rome 2 values. This won't do very much, but I've noticed that it gives you a slightly higher Remaining Force percentage.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CP...DFWuAq1cYWZvPS

If I understand correctly the game gives a bonus to spear/pike vs cavalry units. Since most AI armies consist of large quantities of spear/pike this could be the reason for the proportionally high losses of cavalry. But I haven't tested this.

Also I think I've read somwhere that there is a DeI script that lowers your chances to win walled siege battles in the first turn when using autoresolve.
    Last edited by yaxl3y; September 09, 2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yaxl3y View Post
    I think this can be tweaked in db/campaign_autoresolver_...

Since this bothered me as well I reverted those values back to Rome 2 values. This won't do very much, but I've noticed that it gives you a slightly higher Remaining Force percentage.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CP...DFWuAq1cYWZvPS

Also I think I've read somwhere that there is a DeI script that lowers your chances to win walled siege battles in the first turn when using autoresolve.
    I can confirm the last part, it's to dissuade players from sieging on turn 1 with the magically appearing ladders.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Main problem is how HP works in the game. Autoresolve uses total unit HP for the most part, which means that if damage is spread over few units, it will take a bigger death toll on smaller units.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Yeah, I realize autoresolve can be modified and it is in the mod. But I am not sure if it can change the way it interacts with HP.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----