Thread: Civil war

Default Civil war

I'm wrong or DEI modified also the civil war system? Every time it happen the secessionist force spawn at least 2 or full 3 stacks and only the legions commanded by their party leaders? It really a serious problem...

BTW A question: playing as Marc Antony in emperor Augustus campaign I must hit parthian a lot, but with the standard Roman units it's really difficult to stop their armoured cavalry.... Suggestion?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Civil war

Think that Dresden changed just some varibales regarding the probability of a secession (making them slightly more probable)
    You can't mod the number of stacks (without spawning new armies which he didn't do)

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Seems to be luck of the draw.
    Playing Carthage after the latest patch, I got a Civil War immediately the protection expired. Never looked at the CW chance before as I'd never had one ... ever. Perhaps it was turned off or bugged in previous versions.

Anyhoo, when the CW did break out, Every single one of my army stacks became enemy ! All I had was about 75% of the settlements.
    Instant "you lose" button, lol.

Since my restart, I've had 2 Secessions, but no more Civil War.

Patrician

As soon as one party's loyalty goes under -10 you'll start having a % probability which is clearly written in the politcs panel. (Unmoddable)
    Secessions should be random dice roll triggered depending on imperium level. (You can mod their variables but I can't tell till what extent)

Wait, what difficulty are you guys playing on? I've been avoiding doing politics, crossing my fingers and waiting, hoping for one to happen, but it hasn't happened yet

Patrician

Difficulty surely set up a malus but even a 1% probability may trigger a civil war.
    Rolling dices (and its inner formula, complex or not) is the only way you have to get an artificial intelligence to represent the course of a decision.
    1% may means 100%.
    Actually, probability is always a 50% thing, it happens or it doesn't.