Thread: Using Malekith's armour for TWW1 models (need help)

Default Using Malekith's armour for TWW1 models (need help)

Hi, I'm very new at modding but I've been dabbling in changing basic unit stats or tweaking models. However, I can't seem to use Malekith's armour for vampire counts, even though it would work really well with the more regal outfits Vlad and Mannfred should have. Whenever I use Malekith's body, the arms turn into an absolute mess of textures and the legs twist in a weird way. I've tried changing the animations in the land_unit_tables file, but that doesn't change a thing . I saw mention of skeletons in other threads, can someone instruct me as to how to access them? Or do you have a solution to use that armour and help me progress?

Cheers,

Morarkhan.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Using Malekith's armour for TWW1 models (need help)

First, you need an animation available to that culture.
    If not the unit will look weird.
    There is a "culture_animation" table (I'm not sure of the exact name), where you need to put the animation you want for the culture.

Malekith is based on the hu1 skeleton (the "male humanoid"), and so are the vampire counts, so I think it should work.

It would be more difficult if you want to put Malekith to an Orc or a Dwarf.

Just to check, you mean adding malekith's battle animations to those available to vampire counts in culture_to_battle_animations_tables_tables in the "db" folder, then make, say, Vlad use that specific animation? I'm a bit puzzled because Mannfred and Vlad use the hu1 skeleton, is Malekith's different because he uses hu1d?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

My mistake... Forgot Malekith is using hu1d, and Vald hu1, so they are not compatible... You will get weird effect. Unless Vlad uses Malekith animation, and this animation is added to the vampire culture in culture_to_battle_animations_tables.

different skeletons means you need to use a compatible animation (same skeleton: you can keep the animation).

And if you use the animation of another unit, you need to be sure this animation is in the culture_to_battle_animations_tables for the culture of the unit you want to assign the animation to.

Great, thanks! will tinker with it and see how it works out.