Thread: [QUESTION] Is there a no army limit submod?

Default [QUESTION] Is there a no army limit submod?

Maybe I'm stupid but I find the forum search feature really confusing to use, so having gone through pages of submods I thought I'd just ask.

Is there a submod that removes (or vastly increases) the number of available armies for the player? I'd prefer if it doesn't also increase the number for AI since I don't want to be fighting 20 stacks for a random one-province faction.

I basically want to be able to deploy a governor/general to the capital of each region (to simulate the actual function of a governor).

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [QUESTION] Is there a no army limit submod?

I once did increase the number of available stacks in the Age of Hellenism, specifically for the reason stated by you above, though from what I remember I did that offstage, so you won't find it in the current version of AoH.

Basically, it's easy to do it as the only thing you need to do is to modify the values in the 'Army Cap' column of the 'fame_levels' table. Let me know if you need some help with it.

The only problem is that you will not be able to modify it only for the player as each value applies to the AI as well and there is no way to set them apart, or at least not via db editing.

You may, however, keep a low value for the lower imperium levels and raise it only for the higher imperium, thus preventing one-city factions having more stacks than they currently have.

Maybe there is also a way to do it via scripting, but that I'm not sure about. Jake should know.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

yeah, you can easily do that via script, the script is inside testudo (4/12 tpy pack) > lua_scripts > TESTUDO_Army.lua
    yuo can't do that any other way.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 05, 2019 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yeah, you can easily do that via script, the script is inside testudo (4/12 tpy pack) > lua_scripts > TESTUDO_Army.lua
    yuo can't do that any other way.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So I could simply download the 12TPY Testudo Pack, open it with PFM and delete any record that isn't the testudo_army.lua?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Epanastatis View Post
    So I could simply download the 12TPY Testudo Pack, open it with PFM and delete any record that isn't the testudo_army.lua?
    If you havenít already tried this via a script, I suggest using a dB alternative method (also much easier in my opinion) that only consists of tossing one of the cap effect keys into the difficulties table, and of course configured to only impact the player.

Feel free to shoot me a message on discord if you need any help though. Cheers

ah, effectively scipio's right
    The difference is that via script you can set conditions (imperium level, regions owned and a lot of others) so you'll have different + x armies depending on what you need.
    Through db the + x armies are fixed.
    Scripts are 100% needed when your modding is not "linear" and you need smart effects depending on various conditions.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 06, 2019 at 04:31 AM.

Dunno if you alredy did that, but here's scipio's method, it adds 50 armies to player only.
    Keep in mind that this is cheating, 'cause DeI will let you have tons of money at a certain point if you play the campaign right.
    Let me know if you need the other method (depending on imperium level or other conditions), I'll prepare you a pack.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hs2wr..._Cap.pack/file

Also you can just apply the effect to the imperium bundle via the dB too

no, you'll have to do a script for that and divide it between Ai and player otherwise everyone will get that effect.
    I'm quite sure 'cause Litharion did that to assign special effects based on imperium level to Ai only (check last script into PO lua).

Oops, had a brain fart, Jakes effectively right, would apply to the AI too

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Let me know if you need the other method (depending on imperium level or other conditions), I'll prepare you a pack.
    This is exactly what I'm after, and would greatly appreciate it!

Here (these are exactly the tabs I have in Testudo, I need more armies due to RPGu presence)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/n74dn..._cap.pack/file

go to "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables" and you'll see these effects:
    TESTUDO_army_X (where X is the number of the Imperium Level)
    In the value coulmn you can put the number of +/- forces you want for that Imperium Level

It is compatible with anything which doesn't have external scripts (so, not with: all my submods, camera mods, Wonders submod...)