Thread: Kingdom of Italy- NTW3- Conquering Europe

Default Kingdom of Italy- NTW3- Conquering Europe

In the first Napoleonic Total War III Let's Play, the Kingdom of Italy, under the command of Napoleon's stepson Eugene, currently looks to make its mark on a world where Napoleon Bonaparte rules Europe. Starting with Milan, Italy is protected to the west by France, and is neutral to the south with the Papal States. That leaves the north and east which is currently controlled by Austria- Hungary. Austria is at war with Italy, and therefore, Italy has its eyes set on Vienna. However, it must read carefully, as Austria holds more men and resources. Italy must act quickly if it is to take Vienna and begin expansion.

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Default Re: Kingdom of Italy- NTW3- Conquering Europe

In this episode of the Napoleonic Wars Kingdom of Italy campaign, after his victory in Venice, Silvestro Strozzi leads the Italian Republics forces further east. Although, slowly as there is a Russian army camped between Strozzi and Vienna. Instead of assaulting the weaker Russian force, Strozzi assaults Zagreb, Croatia where a full Austrian army is garrisoned with the intention that, should it be destroyed, Vienna will be easily taken. However, Italian forces underestimate the strength of the Austro-Hungarian forces as they put up a fierce fight.

With his forces damaged, Strozzi is not yet able to move on Vienna. Instead another force out of Venice moves to attack the Russian army still encamped across the bridge outside of Vienna. Yet again, there are no easy victories. Italian and Russian forces meet for the first time and fierce fighting ensues. Will be Italy be able to take Austria-Hungary's new capital in Vienna?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This looks like a challenging campaign, taking on the powerhouse of Austria as the comparatively small Kingdom of Italy. As you said, it looks like taking and holding Venice is crucial.

(Now using the Bran-Mac Born Submod In this episode of Napoleonic Total War III, Italy continues to expand, however, in directions not previously expected. While garrisoned at Zagreb, the Ottoman Empire sends a force to besiege Strozzi. Rather than wait for reinforcements all the way back in Milan, Strozzi sallies out to meet the Ottomans which leads to a fierce battle in the hills outside the city. After waiting several seasons Strozzi plans to make his moves on Vienna. To the Italians dismay, Napoleon sends his armies to Vienna first and then to Budapest. Now completely surrounde by an ally, Italy decides to pursue Ottoman territories to the south. With Strozzi's army almost fully replenished, Eugene orders him to take Belgrade, Balkins. Just as Storozzi is on the outskirts of the city, however, two Ottoman forces intercept him which leads to devastating losses on both side. Can the Italians sustain their battle losses or will they have to retreat, ending their invasion of the Ottoman Empire all together?

Those Ottoman cavalry attacks are fierce, it looks like Italy faces a tough challenge, taking on both Austria and the Ottomans.

Another great episode were the Kingdom of Italy makes its mark during Napoleons reign over Europe. As Strozzi continues to gather strength in the Balkins, an Ottoman force besieges the city. However, a reinforcing Italian army from Milan aides Strozzi in his fight against the Ottomans. After the Balkins are secure, the Italian armies form to create two full armies with their eyes set on Ottoman held Bucharest. The second Italian army under Teodoro Lechi heads south, while Strozzi attacks from the north. The Ottomans throw two full stacks at Lechi who is encamped at a river crossing. Canister shot tears through Ottoman soldiers as they slowly crossed the river. Ultimately, Strozzi makes it to an Bucharest. Will the city become under Italian control? Be sure to watch and let me know of any strategical moves you think I should take.

Happy Sunday everyone! In this episode Istanbul is the goal! Silvestro Strozzi engages the final Ottoman force in the Bucharest region. Meanwhile, Italian general Teodoro Lechi swiftly moves south towards the Ottoman capital of Istanbul and besieges the city. Italian spies report that Athens has no garrison there so the fall of Istanbul could mark the end of the Ottoman Empire.
    I have had requests in the past since I do so many TSJ Plays to talk more about strategy throughout the episodes so I do that a lot more in this episode throughout my turns and battles. Please let me know what you think!

Great update, I appreciate the extra comments on your strategies, both on the campaign map and the battlefield. I was worried when the artillery shells were bursting over your infantry who were sheltering behind the wall. It seems that the stakes deployed by your light infantry and your infantry square were well-timed!

In this episode of Napoleonic: Total War 3, Italy works to defeat and capture the remaining Ottoman cities. (There were complications with the save so we are starting the episode off with a battle). Silvestro Strozzi defends against two Ottoman armies and sacrifices many Italian troops. Although Storzzi is finally defeated in battle, Teodoro Lechi quickly comes from Bucharest and engages in the weakened Ottoman forces. A few months later, the remaining Ottoman forces under Kor Yusuf attack Istanbul in an attempt to retake it. Meanwhile, Italian forces from Milan and Venice gather in Bucharest for the eventual capture of Moldova. In a move that suprises the Ottomans, Lechi heads south and quickly besieges Athens Greece. Finally, Moldova is captured (spoilers). So far, nothing can stop the Italian forces. In the end of the episode Italian forces gather, under the command of Achille Fontanelli, on the border of another country to begin the build up for the eventual invasion of France.

That's a challenging situation for your opening battle, outnumbered two to one. I was wondering whether you'd be able to hold until your reinforcements could arrive (and whether they would be enough). It was an ominous moment early on, when you were saying that your starting army needed to hold and some units were breaking already (I'm guessing that they were militia, it seems that you know what George Washington meant about relying on them being like leaning on a broken staff). It's hard to hold against bad odds when your units are depleted at the start, but as you said your veterans seem to have excellent morale.
    Last edited by Alwyn; December 01, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

In this episode, the Kingdom of Italy finally begins its invasion of Italy! Watch for two amazing, long, and brutal battles!

Hey everyone, this series is ending for a particular reason which happens during the video near the end. But there are two great battles in it! The Kingdom of Italy continues to fight other Italian nations in an effort to unit the Peninsula! Enjoy!

You mentioned paying France to end an alliance, I like the sneaky diplomatic options like that one in NTW.

It's an exciting moment in the opening battle of the latest update, when the enemy sends a huge cavalry charge into the infantry line on your left flank and you're trying to get your regiments into square in time. I like the way that you zoom in to show us the action as the enemy horsemen approach your infantry (as they desperately try to get into square) and then scroll out to show us the evolving events.

I also like the way that you show us what's at stake in the opening battle, as your fleet was destroyed so your soldiers can't escape Sardinia by sea if they lose.