Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

Tiro

Default Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

https://abcnews.go.com/US/illinois-c...ry?id=65371709

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rsity-illinoi/

https://news.yahoo.com/latest-u-illi...202134920.html

Via Washington Times:
    Andrew Smith, 19, found some rope in the elevator in Allen Hall over the weekend and tied it into a noose, Champaign County Assistant State’s Attorney Kristin Alferink said during the arraignment.
    Via ABC News:
    Andrew Smith, a 19-year-old sophomore, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and committing a hate crime, which is a felony, after students found a noose hanging inside an elevator over the weekend, according to university police.
    Whatever the reason for this was, it is now being handled as a hate crime by courts and police. Perhaps the people who discovered the noose were mixed about it, but an impulsive force in some people for fear of this as a personal attack to them, and the institutions', school and judicial, unwillingness for controversy has led to this as being another case of Inequality vs. the Crowd.

Nooses are in themselves only a knot of rope. Was Smith merely "crying out for help?" Was this a protest against suicide? A study reveals that two of every five transgendering people experience compulsion for suicide.

Nooses have a history in vigilante justice, federal justice, and to a much lesser extant, diversity conflicts. Although recently, much attention has been given to this latter aspect. https://www.bet.com/news/national/20...-passage-.html

So, what I can say, is that there is nothing that the courts/police had at hand to go through with a proper case trial against Andrew Smith. The school itself needed to handle this, but chose instead to make this into something it really isn't, if only to keep their students quieted from further outrages. What this presents is LEFTism/French Revolution at its best and the undeniable need for separation along civilizational lines from those who seek politics as a means of crowd revolt and surging through the social ranks for creating appeal in themselves.

What we can really discuss now though, is why did some people feel unequal by this event and why certain courts in America, which may have interest in the school itself, felt the need to pursue essentially a case in defense of the equality of all people.

Last edited by Bob69Joe; September 04, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

For some reason, I can't follow the link. It leads me to the first page of ABC and not the article itself.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

Here's your context on why this is just not done:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi...nd_Abram_Smith
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Tiro

The article works just fine for me, I click on the one I posted and it goes to the article. Search "ABC news" and the name of the perp and state if it keeps failing to load.

Gaidin,
    Outrage among crowds is an ebb and flow of what is immediately presented to their attention. A noose is just a noose.

What was Andrew Smith supposed to have known, self-censored the thoughts, and then begged for forgiveness, that now this entire process is meant as another form of Chinese Communist "Struggle Session?" Again, the particulars are all out of context with zero identification of the purpose that Andrew Smith had. The school went into withdrawal, denial, attack mode, all to appease a few students who believe they are fast-forwarding out a morality into a new-age, utopian, dreamland of equality and tolerance.

The main point stands in direct contrast to all that we can rationalize to ourselves for continuing to tolerate such misuse of powers. The institutions, for what can be presumed are merely avoiding controversy and to appeal to a certain "paying customer" platform, have created just another case of the defence of the equality of all people.
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    Gaidin,
    Outrage among crowds is an ebb and flow of what is immediately presented to their attention. A noose is just a noose.
    There's a deep-seeded historical context to these items in America. A noose, used improperly, is not just a noose in America. And next you're going to tell me Swastikas are just swastikas in Germany. This was a rather big example during Obama's tenure. I didn't even have to go to the Deep South to find a very bad use of vigilante racist hanging. If you don't want to pay attention to history you can be doomed to repeat it all you want. There's a reason we have the hate crime law we do.
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 04, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Tiro

A noose certainly only is a noose. And this case is not about the noose, Gaidin. It isn't about improper methods of protest, Smith having left a lone noose in the elevator which afterall is an engaging place to put a noose in relation to the "falling" action of an elevator.

Gaidin, we repeat history, it runs in cycles, and we are at a point where civilization is torn between two definitions of how these cycles occur. One would say that the history repeats in a method of having the good life, having that good life taken away, and a necessary struggle to again impose the good life on what we now have. The other is more esoteric than that and I am unable to furnish a quaint summary of it now. The other position requires context for where people reside at within their unequal points in life, and how that contributes to the whole of the direction and quality of the civilization.

Someone else may be wanting to agree with you Gaidin, but what are institutions for if they only represent symbolic things that do not have power on us right now, yet we must act in such a way as to please people with these symbols?

If anyone else is having trouble accessing that link there are some other outlets with the story. https://news.yahoo.com/latest-u-illi...202134920.html

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rsity-illinoi/

Via Washington Time:
    Andrew Smith, 19, found some rope in the elevator in Allen Hall over the weekend and tied it into a noose, Champaign County Assistant State’s Attorney Kristin Alferink said during the arraignment.
    Que outrage! Que terror! The Constitution "should" have prevented this. Here we go again. Round-and-round.
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; September 04, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

So, Andrew plead not guilty. Let your facts of how a noose is merely a noose and how our dark history doesn't matter at all come out at trial. That crap don't fly. Any subject matter expert on the stand can tear that to shreds.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    So, Andrew plead not guilty. Let your facts of how a noose is merely a noose and how our dark history doesn't matter at all come out at trial. That crap don't fly. Any subject matter expert on the stand can tear that to shreds.
    A noose can not discriminate. Andrew Smith may have been a troubled person and these actions are largely going to ignore that in order to create a spectacle of a "crime of perceived injustice." Poor Andrew, couldn't this have been done out of courts? What pretense then is the court defending, equality, the only one our institutions are so Soviet-like in dogma.

How will he be punished?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    A noose can not discriminate.
    I don't believe the noose is being charged with any crimes, at the moment.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

There's a deep-seeded historical context to these items in America. A noose, used improperly, is not just a noose in America. And next you're going to tell me Swastikas are just swastikas in Germany. This was a rather big example during Obama's tenure. I didn't even have to go to the Deep South to find a very bad use of vigilante racist hanging. If you don't want to pay attention to history you can be doomed to repeat it all you want. There's a reason we have the hate crime law we do.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

That the best you have?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

That the best you have?
    Hey pal, I'm not the one comparing a noose to the swastika. You do you, go wild.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

The point Gaidin is that you can't associate the noose to a clear meaning because nobody knows what is running in the mind of a young man who decides for some reason to hang a noose inside an elevator.

Saying that a noose is a political noose it's like saying that the black Lacoste polo I'm wearing in this moment while I'm writing these few lines, means that I'm Fascist because Fascists used black as their color.

Sorry guys, I don't want to insult anybody but let me say that such reasoning is for me a clear sign of serious mental disorder.
    Last edited by Diocle; September 04, 2019 at 03:18 PM.

Oh come on, putting a noose up is a very clear racist symbol designed to intimidate. To say otherwise is just being deliberately thick. You might as well claim you were just burning a cross on a black person's lawn for no reason and can't understand why they take it to be threatening.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Are you always so serious? The noose is a symbol to the much broader symbol that everyone need be equal both within and without our government institutions. LEFTists are not just incompetent, by actually prosecuting someone for this, but they are also dogmatic and always attempting to maintain control of how language is used.
    _____
    Just some thoughts.

The end of revolutions is very near and it is going to require separation of people by quality. No one is equal. We perceive differently and if we do perceive the same things we manage our actions differently, some being natural leaders and the others to uphold their stations as best they are able to and to produce the next generation that has these principles at hand to guide and learn.

Just how far back can we keep going, disregarding the past as a "wrong cycle" as some are doing? One generation away now it seems, as our own parents are to be disregarded, reflected blatantly in the ugly truth of mass immigration. Does the symbol of equality necessitate that we each are insignificant, that what we produce must all go to the government/state in order to maintain a system of replacing the governed as though they were mechanical pieces?

Let's see what the courts do. Until October 2nd, we wait. That is our government at work for us.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Oh come on, putting a noose up is a very clear racist symbol designed to intimidate. To say otherwise is just being deliberately thick. You might as well claim you were just burning a cross on a black person's lawn for no reason and can't understand why they take it to be threatening.
    What next? Maybe ..

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

A bullet in a gun cabinet is just a bullet. A bullet in an envelope in your letter box is a death threat. A bullet in an envelope on a plinth in a museum is a work of art. Hanging a noose in an elevator is certainly macabre, but is it really so unequivocal that the motive is beyond doubt? Personally I'd need more context than provided in these pieces.
    Last edited by Muizer; September 04, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Speaking of which, am I the only one who initially read "moose" in the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    A bullet in a gun cabinet is just a bullet. A bullet in an envelope in your letter box is a death threat. A bullet in an envelope on a plinth in a museum is a work of art. Hanging a noose in an elevator is certainly macabre, but is it really so unequivocal that the motive is beyond doubt? Personally I'd need more context than provided in these pieces.
    Exactly, but context isn't fashionable when it comes to these things. Especially in "Western" universities.
    Speaking of context, someone mentioned swastikas earlier. These are actually very common religious symbols in East and South Asia (and used to be even more widespread). But of course he has a point - in Germany, the reaction to any kind of swastika would be just as hysterical and brainless as the one in the US regarding nooses and other allegedly symbolic items.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Exactly, but context isn't fashionable when it comes to these things. Especially in "Western" universities.
    Speaking of context, someone mentioned swastikas earlier. These are actually very common religious symbols in East and South Asia (and used to be even more widespread). But of course he has a point - in Germany, the reaction to any kind of swastika would be just as hysterical and brainless as the one in the US regarding nooses and other allegedly symbolic items.
    I am certain that the symbolism of the noose to the OPPRESSION and RACISM against black Americans is never up to debate in these schools. It has to be historically evident.

Symbols are losing their wings and falling back into obscurity where they had perhaps always dwelt and only humans gave them such qualities to have become seemingly demonically possessed to ignore reality. Black Americans are only a useful plot tool in the LEFT's arsenal to demand ideological conformity to the state/government as the sole arbiter of humanity, and that the highest ideal in living/civilization is to be on a level with everyone else. That realm where we fear to speak up against others when we believe and usually know that the majority are out of their minds, or entrenched in their minds anyways.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast