Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    There are some things you should not joke about. Claiming you yelled "Fire" in a crowded theater as a joke isn't going to cut you much slack with a judge, and explaining it was just a case of poor decision making when you talked about killing the President won't prevent you from getting into a lot of trouble as a result.
    Threatening the president or yelling fire in a theatre won't always get you in trouble. Intent is taken into account when dealing with actions and words that stray into the realm of free speech and expression.

Hate crimes require proof.

See how far "I was just joking about killing the President" defense will get you.
    Pretty far. You do realize only true threats are actually prosecuted right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_threat

Maybe a felony is necessary to drive home the fact this kind of behaviour should not and will not be tolerated. Although I would let the student off with a stiff fine if he puvlically and abjectly apologized.
    No need to add to an overburdened jail population. Until the state can prove the boy's intent was to incite racial hatred i doubt he's going to be convicted of anything.

Default Re: Illinois college student charged with hate crime for placing noose on campus

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Threatening the president or yelling fire in a theatre won't always get you in trouble. Intent is taken into account when dealing with actions and words that stray into the realm of free speech and expression.

Hate crimes require proof.
    It goes without saying,, just like any other crime requires proof. So, looking back, I guess I have to admit bring mistaken.

Pretty far. You do realize only true threats are actually prosecuted right?
    Ok, I see I was wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_threat

No need to add to an overburdened jail population. Until the state can prove the boy's intent was to incite racial hatred i doubt he's going to be convicted of anything.
    Yah, you are right, they need to be guilty of a crime. You are right, if the person did not intend to intimidate, then he is really isn't guilty of a crime, but showing had judgment. Ok, I was wrong. Still not something you should joke about.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    Two wrongs do not make a right.
    Even more absurd is that people are a rabid mob not realizing that what they want is state centralized bureaucracy based on illusions of equality, diversity, and maybe democracy if it doesn't default to communism soon enough. People are forming into crowds, mobs, herds, based around the purely ideological, unrealistic demand for increasing equality in a nation-state that they demand be pluralistic and diverse. America is coming to a point just like Rome and it either goes out fighting for intangible illusions, or gears its best people for the restoration of Western Civilization. It's all too clear that the past 200 years of egalitarian revolution in Europe, including the mid 20th Century that displayed the modern methods of focusing as many people on ideological objectives - negating hierarchy and qualities of thought and ability - were wrong, wrong, wrong. Everyone criticizing Europe, including Europeans, are fighting over the scraps of a once great civilization. What comes next is not ideological mandates coming forth from centralized bureaucracies or warlords, but pan-nationalist repatriation.

Anyone have questions not relating to something so personal as a lack of long-term thinking, or extreme individualism?

Someone complained, being a LEFTist, to the school, which is LEFTist run, and the school maneuvered the State or municipal courts, which are LEFTist, about having a fearful disposition to the thought of inequality. This entire case is not about racial equality, but the greater ideological holy war to enforce equality; replacing all customs, heritage, value faiths, and genetic ability to think and act, in all of our lives. LEFTists require a nation of their own set apart from all the nations of the Earth that benefit foremost, above-all, their own genetic lineage, culture, faith, and specific forms of hierarchical social structures. Sorry Europe, equality and democracy was never going to have the final say in how people accept their fates.
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234