Thread: EB 1.2 - some thoughts

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Icon5 EB 1.2 - some thoughts

Hi Guys,

I know I am VERY late to the party, but just wanted to say how much I am enjoying this overhaul mod. I can tell countless hours of work has gone into making it. So I had a few thoughts as well I wanted to share: (Playing Romans on E/M - we all have to start somewhere!

- Rebel provinces are often full-stack, experienced armies, led by strong generals - no wonder the main AI factions don't expand quickly!
    - AI doesn't seem to send diplomats around the map asking for trade rights (or anything else)
    - I know I'm playing Easy, but AI still seems very passive - has hardly ever declared war on me and seems quite willing to make peace, too
    - It takes 6 seasons to set up guard posts in a town??

Your thoughts on this too: should I expand northwards into Gaul and Germania, or southeast down thru Balkans and into Greece (= more money?)

Thanks!

Default Re: EB 1.2 - some thoughts

And what direction did you choose? Rome can expand in every direction. On the beginning take south italy, siciliy, corsica, sardinia. Then you can go to gaul, spain and germania. But it is better to go first to gaul and germania, then you will not have border with other factions. On hard or vh campaign it almost impossible to have border with normal faction without war. The bigger your empire is, the more everyone hates you. On the beginning invest in health and population, then trade. The best way is to build the cheapest building. Build also doctor and wait until your general gets a doctor/physician/herbalist(they can heal 25% your loses after the winning battle) or surgeon(40-50%). It is also good to have one young general who always lead the army in battle. Stars rise the morale and give some points to melee attack.

Default Re: EB 1.2 - some thoughts

All of your problems can be mended by switching to hard or very hard. Having dozens of aggressive stacks flood in from Germany and Gaul is a challenging problem.

I would strongly recommend expanding around the Mediterranean. The north is not profitable to conquer as there is smaller populations and less trade (ports cannot be made inland. Its also much easier to reinforce the Mediterranean as fleets move faster than armies.

I conquer the northern rebel settlements right away so that I can have a veteran army and generals to fight Carthage but some people say you shouldn't do that as they act as a good buffer.

In the beginning you should invest in ports, roads and agriculture (Latifundia) to get more trade. You need money and your population + stability should be fine. Money should always be the priority. Temples to Jupiter on your fringes is a must to reduce corruption.