Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RMEditor [TW Animation Player, Video]

Civis
    Artifex

Default RMEditor [TW Animation Player, Video]

RigidModel Editor Preview before release

New Animation Player for All TW Games Rome->3K (and Troy, most likely)
    Here it is playing a WH2 animation "Cold One 02" "Walking"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYn5UWfmsY

NEWEST: [Pre-rendered 1080p-60hz death scene, the "heart attack" from Rome 2]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QR83WV7cYo

["Cinematic" vertex format decoded with animation (autoresolve_death) and used in UE4 scene: ]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJqNfLyNAI

[New demo video of the in-program realtime render box (pompey_helmet.rigid_model_v2)]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaCg-a6FVU

[New demo video of now much better animations 19-09-2019, working beta soon to follow:]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WZ...1x2145w03c010c

My program, RigidModel edit, can now ex both models with their skeletons and FINALLY animations too.
    Here is a demo of an extracted animation (played by 3d Max 2020, and deliberately slow down so you can really SEE the animation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJI_DM-BR4

The animation start after 3-4 seconds

The program is almost ready for release but I having a small problem with the DAE files, I need to solve before I can release

The program looks like this now (will be tightened up some, to look better (it will get a resolution selection list to the left of the "d3d11 rendering window" buttoin.

As you need 4 files to make an animation, and it takes time for find animation that are compatible with one's model's skeleton.
    Therefor my program has a .pack reader and auto find function, that search the games', .pack files for the files you need,
    and populates a list with compatible animation for the loaded mod:

And here is the dialog box that the exporting is happening from, the "compatible animations" box will be filled up with animation that fit the loaded model.
    And then you can choose as many you want to export.
    Last edited by phazer; May 08, 2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Info on animations player added

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Extracted Rome2 Animation, by the new version of RigidModel Edtiror

seems like an extremly useful tool for 3d people

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks

You can choose;
    .Only model(mesh)
    -model with skeleton (so you can make your own animations)
    - model with skeleton, and the animation, you have chosen.
    And there is autosearch through the game .pack files, so you never have use a Pack File Manager to extract files.

And there will be export in a format that be imported back into the game.

I am also thinking about including a normal map converter, from the normal "puprple-blue" ones to the CA "yellow orange ones" and back again.

AND if anyone has ideas to features they would like to have included, please tell me.

Also I need more people the to test the program, so PM me, if you want to be a tester, then you will get a new developer version often, that you test.

Greetings
    Phazer

Phazer, this is great news.

I'll be connecting to the testers soon. The fact is, I don’t live at home right now.
    Last edited by Deerslayer; September 03, 2019 at 06:03 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

That looks extremely useful, thank you!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Civis
    Artifex

That is good to hear. I am working hard to the user interface done, and wit the auto search of the the game .pack files, and there are some kinks in the animation exporter, so it will take a bit of time before I can release it. But it is good to hear that you think it looks useful
    Last edited by phazer; September 04, 2019 at 10:51 AM.

Civis
    Artifex

[deleted]
    Last edited by phazer; September 25, 2019 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: RigidModel Editor info, before release

Great job,
    Does it also work for NTW ETW Naval rigid models?

Civis
    Artifex

Hi, sadly not at the moment, it is not even finished, BUT I do intend at some point to support the older formats, I have been collecting info around TWC for that very purpose.

But right now my priority is to have Rome2..3K exported animations running smoothly in 3ds Max in all instances, so if anyone has extensive experience with quaternions in animation, coding and so on, I would be happy for some assistance right now. Just PM me.

As for the older formats, it looks like they are just a "simpler" versions of the current formats, so when all is up an running it SHOULD not be so hard, i hope

Also I finished the .pack file reader for uncompressed .pack files (compressed started at Warhammer, I am told, and that too will be added.),
    so now the program can automatically search through the game .pack files for models, animations, textures, etc. without ever having to extract those files to disk.

Like this. Here the program is searching for animations that fit the loaded model:

If this works for Shogun 2 than i am interested.

Civis
    Artifex

Hi

Sadly, It does not work for for any pre-Rome2 games YET, I am busy fine tuning it for the newer games, Rome2->3K, but when that is done, I will try my very best my best to make it work with the older games too

The point is that Rome2->3K uses very similar, almost identical file formats, whereas the older games uses earlier versions of the current formats. How fast I can add support for those games is determined by how different those older file format are

I have looked at file format info for "Empire: Total War", it think it was, and it was partly from that I decoded the .ANIM format (skeleton + animations) format for the the NEW games, so the older files not seems to be that different, so I should be able to include support, but I will have to finish the other games first.
    I hope that is ok

Can anyone tell me, the older games, do the also use the .pack file format, and if so do .pack files from those game open without issue in PFM/RPFM?

greetings
    phazer

This looks exciting

Shogun 2 works the same with PFM as R2/attila, it uses .pack format so nothing much different there. I don't know about the earlier games, but I'm pretty sure they don't work with PFM, the formats are different like you said. But don't take my word for it as I haven't been modding in like 4 years xP
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Civis
    Artifex

Well, it is as good thing if the current .pack reader can read Shogun 2 .pack files, then my pack reader also can.

My pack reader is a feature you can use or not use, but it can automatically find the files you need (textures, models, animation, matrix files etc.).
    You can also "ask" to see all the models in one (or all) install games on a list and pick the one you want to work with.

I made the pack reader, because I thought it was cumbersome, having to extract all the files you needed the manually with a Pack File Manager.

phazer

Yes, ETW, NTW and Shogun 2 use the packfile format. Also, Shogun 2 uses the rigid_model_v2 also (mainly ships and guns), for the rest it uses the variant_part_mesh for unit parts.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Is it already usable?

Civis
    Artifex

Hi, I have updated the animation exporter of the software so it now produces MUCH better results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WZ...ature=youtu.be

(playback in 3ds max)
    That means that a working beta is not far off (and then eventually I can also start working on older games )

greetings
    phazer
    Last edited by phazer; September 19, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RigidModel Editor info [NEW demo video of the NEW, much better animation exporter code]

Is it already usable?
    It is usable, yes, internally, I can extract animations and view them in 3ds Max or Maya
    and a few testers have copies also, but it is still far too unstable and unfinished to release general beta for all.

But soon, I promise

Greetings,
    phazer

Quote Originally Posted by phazer View Post
    Hi, sadly not at the moment, it is not even finished, BUT I do intend at some point to support the older formats, I have been collecting info around TWC for that very purpose.

But right now my priority is to have Rome2..3K exported animations running smoothly in 3ds Max in all instances, so if anyone has extensive experience with quaternions in animation, coding and so on, I would be happy for some assistance right now. Just PM me.

As for the older formats, it looks like they are just a "simpler" versions of the current formats, so when all is up an running it SHOULD not be so hard, i hope

Also I finished the .pack file reader for uncompressed .pack files (compressed started at Warhammer, I am told, and that too will be added.),
    so now the program can automatically search through the game .pack files for models, animations, textures, etc. without ever having to extract those files to disk.

Like this. Here the program is searching for animations that fit the loaded model:

This is an excellent job!
    Hi, I have updated the animation exporter of the software so it now produces MUCH better results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WZ...ature=youtu.be
    Phazer, why is the skeleton not commensurate with the 3D model? Will this be fixed?

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RigidModel Editor info [NEW demo video of the NEW, much better animation exporter code]

Phazer, why is the skeleton not commensurate with the 3D model? Will this be fixed?
    That pile your arrow is pointing to is NOT the skeleton, it is something else, I will have to look at the file to check, it probably attachment points.
    The skeleton is simply switched off in this animation, so it was prettier to look at.

With the skeleton switched ON, it looks like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJI_DM-BR4
    Last edited by phazer; September 24, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RigidModel Editor info [ANOTHER NEW VIDEO, "cinematic"]

New video:

"Cinematic" vertex format decoded, with animation (autoresolve_death) and used in UE4 scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJqNfLyNAI

phazer
    Last edited by phazer; September 25, 2019 at 04:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast