Thread: Tactless and no natural talent diplomats

Default Tactless and no natural talent diplomats

How is everyone doing?

Used to be an avid EB1 player a few years back, was feeling nostalgic and decided to try out EB2, though I do miss some features from EB1, EB2 seems like an awesome mod and I would like to congratulate and thank the new EB team for all the hard work and dedication they put into realizing this mod especially after a lot of the old key members from my time like Foot moved on in life.

I started a makedonian campaign and getting a feel about the mod, some features are taking some time to get used to, like the government system, recruitment, the low public order in a lot of my cities and the weirdly passive AI (was a bit of a shock when besieging a city and while the enemy had several half stacks nearby never once attempted to relieve the siege, EB1 players will understand).

My question is, I am trying to recruit a new diplomat, however every single one of them and I tried even recruiting several from different cities at the same time have the Tactless and No natural talent traits, anyone experience anything like that and is there a work around?

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

Default Re: Tactless and no natural talent diplomats

You should keep them in cities with academies for them to "learn" diplomacy or try to do sucessful diplomatic missions with them. There isn't much to work around with the current system, which is something that I'm not happy with. But at least it works, thanks to Kull!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I actually have a related question: what difference the influence of the diplomats make? Does it enable more deals with the AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    You should keep them in cities with academies for them to "learn" diplomacy or try to do sucessful diplomatic missions with them. There isn't much to work around with the current system, which is something that I'm not happy with. But at least it works, thanks to Kull!
    so this is a m2tw limit? guess will have to work with it, is there a force diplomacy mod for EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I actually have a related question: what difference the influence of the diplomats make? Does it enable more deals with the AI?
    yes, at least that is what I've noticed so far, was able to buy a city from the Seleucid and reestablish our alliance using my experienced first diplomat, couldn't even get map information for money and tribute with the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    is there a force diplomacy mod for EB2?
    It's built-in: just hit the question mark (help) before making your offer and it's enforced (without any advisor dialogue etc).
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

so this is a m2tw limit? guess will have to work with it, is there a force diplomacy mod for EB2?
    It is not a m2tw limit but an undeveloped diplomatic system in EBII. To be honest, at least EBII diplomatic system functions well. Other mods don't have that luck. But it is very simplistic.

I have noticed that good diplomats seem to be able to get the AI factions to accept the deals without much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    It's built-in: just hit the question mark (help) before making your offer and it's enforced (without any advisor dialogue etc).
    It is not a m2tw limit but an undeveloped diplomatic system in EBII. To be honest, at least EBII diplomatic system functions well. Other mods don't have that luck. But it is very simplistic.
    Awesome, thanks for the clarifications.

If it helps, I usually get rid of tactless traits and progress up that line by starting all conversations with a welcome gift of 100 and a parting gift of 100. Being generous in all offers helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsh4de View Post
    If it helps, I usually get rid of tactless traits and progress up that line by starting all conversations with a welcome gift of 100 and a parting gift of 100. Being generous in all offers helps too.
    Interesting approach. I will try that and historically it makes sense giving small gifts.

I'm working on some new traits for diplomats. I still have a lot to test, especially regarding the chances to give those traits, but for now I added 20 new traits for diplomats which all factions are able to get.

Quintus any way that you could make a script similar to the force diplomacy that makes the AI attack a given city of yours with any of their nearby armies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsh4de View Post
    Gift?! you mean a single payment, or is there an option I am missing?

I'm working on some new traits for diplomats. I still have a lot to test, especially regarding the chances to give those traits, but for now I added 20 new traits for diplomats which all factions are able to get.
    Looking forward to it, maybe make a new thread in the submod section so anyone interested can subscribe and get notified when you release it.

Gift?! you mean a single payment, or is there an option I am missing?
    The button to the left of "make offer," fittingly bearing a wrapped gift box symbol

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre View Post
    The button to the left of "make offer," fittingly bearing a wrapped gift box symbol
    tesekkur ederim my friend.

tesekkur ederim my friend.

Looking forward to it, maybe make a new thread in the submod section so anyone interested can subscribe and get notified when you release it.
    I will work more on them and present them to the team, to see if they can be included in the mod

Overall, right now I have around 22 new traits for Diplomats, around 10 of them were created by larz for the bananas mod, he gave me his permission to use them and I expanded them, changing the descriptions on all of them, the triggers, etc.

They can get those traits when they are recruited, when they engage in diplomatic missions, they can get some traits if they are sucessful or if they fail. There are also traits that they can gain just by passing the turns. For example, your diplomat can now marry, and then there will be a bunch of options available. His wife can get pregnant and then multiple things can happen, good things like having a son or a daugther (but since in ancient times daughters were't given as much attention as the boys, they won't give much bonus), or terrible things like losing the baby, or the wife dying.

While the diplomat is married and according to some other traits such as if the diplomat is virtuous or unvirtuous, his wife can become a good wife or a terrible cheating or manipulative wife, who knows?

There are also a lot of traits not connected with the wife, the diplomat can become a drunkward, can be very social and find friends in every place he goes, can become a victim of rumors...
    He can be recognized as someone who is always very informed about what is happening or the contrary, etc.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; September 06, 2019 at 08:27 AM.