Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *BATTLE CRASH BUG FIX*

Default *BATTLE CRASH BUG FIX*

I believe I may have fixed the battle crash bug! I had a battle in my campaign that would ALWAYS crash during loading. I searched the forum, noticed Steph and others seemed to think that it had something to do with the technologies. So, I opened PFM to look at the technologies. I noticed that in both the "technologies_effects_junction_tables" and "technologies_faction_junctions_tables" there were some double entries. I deleted the double entries, opened the game back up, and the battle that wouldn't load before loaded now. Played the whole battle smoothly. I haven't played more yet, but I believe that this was the cause.

Default Re: *BATTLE CRASH BUG FIX*

I have played a number of further battles in the campaign, against multiple factions. This fix really seems to work. Hasn't failed yet.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Thanks for finding this!

I don't have the files with me since my hard drives fried a few weeks ago.

Can you export the corrected files as tsv and send them to me ? I'll try to upload a correction

Here you go! I also included the fix for Denmark not being able to research technology. On a random note, you might know though, if I wanted to encourage Britain to land troops in Spain and northern Germany instead of northern France, what would I need to change? Using Bran's CAI submod.

db.zip

Hi, everyone! Sorry for bad English.

I tried to play campaign (as Britain) with this fix (I included tsv files in MoE_Main. pack) but unfortunately in the middle of campaign (1807) game is crashing in a start of battles against Denmark (then troops open fire).

Before this point in the campaign the game sometimes crashed in naval and land battles, but it didn't happen every time and there was chance to continue the campaign. But now land battles is unplayable.

It's very sad - I really like this mod.

Patrician Artifex

how did you include the tsv file?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    how did you include the tsv file?
    I used Pack File Manager 4.1.2. In this program is option "DB file from TSV".

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

The little I remember about adding the TSV file is that you need to open up the "db" entry then go to where the db file as TSV belong to then add it there and not as you did adding it directly to the "db" entry.

I bet Steph can either confirm or telling me I am wrong here.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    The little I remember about adding the TSV file is that you need to open up the "db" entry then go to where the db file as TSV belong to then add it there and not as you did adding it directly to the "db" entry.

I bet Steph can either confirm or telling me I am wrong here.
    Firstly, then I added TSV file in pack file they were included correctly.

Secondly, I tried to make new pack file with this fix (and I didn't forget about user.script), but it didn't help and game is continuing crashing.

I'm not really a modder. I kinda stumbled on this fix by accident. My game continues to run well with no more crashes. Have you tried just manually editing the files on a clean install of the mod? Just open the two files in PFM (the originals ones from the mod), click "Check for Errors" at the top, and delete the double entries. As a bonus you can also add entries for Denmark in the "technologies_faction_junctions_tables", but you will need to do that for every tech, and while I did it, I found it frustrating to edit the tables. Maybe someone else knows a better way to do it, but fixing the Denmark research problem took me a while. Also, has anyone else tried my fixes? Are they working for anyone else?

Patrician Artifex

I still have a little hope to recover my lost hard drives. If it works, it will be much easier for me to integrate the updates in the mod. I should know more this week.

Quote Originally Posted by gekp78 View Post
    I'm not really a modder. I kinda stumbled on this fix by accident. My game continues to run well with no more crashes. Have you tried just manually editing the files on a clean install of the mod? Just open the two files in PFM (the originals ones from the mod), click "Check for Errors" at the top, and delete the double entries. As a bonus you can also add entries for Denmark in the "technologies_faction_junctions_tables", but you will need to do that for every tech, and while I did it, I found it frustrating to edit the tables. Maybe someone else knows a better way to do it, but fixing the Denmark research problem took me a while. Also, has anyone else tried my fixes? Are they working for anyone else?
    I found errors in "MoE_cdir_unit_qualities" table, in this table are double entries too.

Perhaps I will try to find all errors and test campaign again.

Hello, news of this update? Being able to go to the end of the campaign mode without crash will be great!

Hello Steph, have you managed to recover your hard drives, and is there definitely a solution for blocking campaign or not? I tried the technique explained above and it does not work for me. Still unplayable from the end of the year 1806.

Patrician Artifex

Unfortunately no. One guy said it would be possible, but it was not for dekstop PC... The only solution I have would cost 400 to 1000 € per drive, and I have 2. No way I spend that much to recover a mod.

Unfortunately no. One guy said it would be possible, but it was not for dekstop PC... The only solution I have would cost 400 to 1000 € per drive, and I have 2. No way I spend that much to recover a mod.
    Does both drives have equal modding material or does one drive have more than the other drive?

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Artifex

Problem is I'm not sure on which drive I saved what.

One of them should have all the modding stuff;

I see. What dilemma you have.

Anyway, you can always do what Stuporstar did when her drive was damaged beyond repair and that drive had all modding stuff she have been working on for a very a long time.

Patrician Artifex

You know that I have a donate butotn? But if count on that to get the required funding, at the current rate, II should get it in 20 to 40 years.

Do you still have the drives left? If so then maybe we can do a fund raiser for the money here. I found your mod recently and was amazed by it and it would be sad if it never would be finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast