Thread: BOB does not create startpos.esf

Icon5 BOB does not create startpos.esf

Hello everyone. I have created a mod that transforms some parts of the territory of the roman empire in puppet states. I left these dependent factions unplayable. I have created faction leaders for these factions and relocated roman armies from the cities of the dependent states. When I tried to create a startpos file with BOB, it actually started to create a startpos file, then a steam window appeared asking permission to run Attila. I have tried both yes and no options, but at the end BOB wrote "Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes". What should I do? Thank you for help!

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: BOB does not create startpos.esf

head to beta tabs for R2/Attila/ToB and switch to launcher_release_candidate, basically "new" launcher is unable to finish compiling new startpos. Old one is fine.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    head to beta tabs for R2/Attila/ToB and switch to launcher_release_candidate, basically "new" launcher is unable to finish compiling new startpos. Old one is fine.
    I guess i should not be surprised this is still and issue! recently got back into the modding scene and had to remember this step myself back from when the new launcher first came out. Really hope they actually look to fix this issue because it will be putting so many modders off even trying to use the kit for modding.

Recently there were issue with CA wanting to switch purely to new launcher, however there were subsequently big player/modder concern/backlash about that and as a result CA stated they won´t force new launcher until this issue for older games/AK startpos processing is solved. :-)

Souron's Avatar Civis

well im glad to hear that. im sure it probably more complicated than this but it looks almost like the new launcher is getting in the way of the pathing from the creative kit (bob) to find the exe to launch the game.

AS got update so it should be working now fine for R2/Attila
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...a_and_rome_ii/

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

Where are the best guides for creating a startpos?
    I was able to create 14 one weekend.
    This weekend, the process is broken.
    Magnar doesn't help for me.