Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

  1. #1
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    UPDATE: VERSION 8.6 PATCH 1 post #1
    BRAN CAMPAIGN AND BATTLE SETTINGS. More aggressive Faction behavior, better expansion. more armies, deadlier battles.

    Install: Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/data/NTW3/Version86/Campaign/Packs/Europe

    New Campaign AI and BAI settings for NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign. (European Campaign)


    Campaign AI -Better Ai faction Region development,Technology research,Expansion,Regional defense, construction behaviors-more aggressive WAR settings, better diplomacy-allies will help more, unit balances. Bigger armies and navies. Larger naval ship movement ranges.


    Battle AI new formations, longer range for muskets and artillery- but less accurate,better flanking behavior, less blobbing, more fire fights, new morale settings for longer battles, new fatigue settings, new spotting settings, new mass settings for men and cavalry-horses may pass through units-had to change as it caused major problems for the AI,. I did what I could with lousy CA AI code and path finding. It think it works ok for what it is. Battles will be very bloody affairs so you are going to have to change your tactics.


    House Rules: Best to let AI build up some forces for 10 turns before attacking, Use ultra size settings and set unit multiplier to 1.3 to 1.6 in your preferences file.


    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: rar db.rar (224.0 KB, 192 views)
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 11:15 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Bravo!

    Thanks Bran, you are the best.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

  3. #3
    Lord Davn's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    844

    Default Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings


    Updates for the NTW3 v8.6 release include corrected uniforms for the British 1805 uniforms and overseas recruitment in Hannover and the British Expeditionary forces.

    Modifications to the fort building slots to allow the addition of the Administration building for the minor factions and many of the single building regions to improve their assets.



    Fortification was added to Gibraltar, "The Rock". You can almost smell the Mediterranean Sea in the background




    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    UPDATE: Updated for version 8.6 patch 1
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 11:19 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Could I use this patch for peninsula campaign?? or just for main campaign?

  6. #6
    Lord Davn's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    844

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by curro123 View Post
    Could I use this patch for peninsula campaign?? or just for main campaign?
    This version by Bran Mac Born is specifically for the 1805 European campaign.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    This version by Bran Mac Born is specifically for the 1805 European campaign.
    Thanks for the clarification

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Thank you for this submod. I will give NTW3 another shot trying it with Bran Mac Born's submod. I loved all the detailed units, the campaign, the tech tree, victory conditions, (and the list can go on for a very long time). Everything is so polished and well done in NTW3. BUT

    One of the most important things for me are the battles, and to me NTW3 have sacrificed too much game-play fun to give way to as historically accurate as you can possibly do. Which some people surely love, but i am not one of them . I like historically accurate. But there is historically accurate, and then there is NTW3. And in this case the historically accurate way of playing battles just took it too far for me

    Edit: I assume since it is not mentioned here that this submod recommends normal/normal difficulty like the main mod does?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 11, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

  9. #9
    Lord Davn's Avatar Centenarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    844

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    One of the most important things for me are the battles, and to me NTW3 have sacrificed too much game-play fun to give way to as historically accurate as you can possibly do. Which some people surely love, but i am not one of them . I like historically accurate. But there is historically accurate, and then there is NTW3. And in this case the historically accurate way of playing battles just took it too far for me
    Understandable, many TW players are use to the fast action first person shooter games. The original NTW vanilla game was also designed to be fast paced with intense short battles. BUT this did not accurately represent the battles that took place during the Napoleonic wars. The term "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" came from using the smooth bore muskets which were only accurate out to 50 or 60 yards. So poor marksmanship along with slower troop movements and higher unit fatigue rates are historically portrayed in the NTW3 mods. Remember these units had long marches into battle, horses were used for cavalry, artillery or supply trains.
    That's why we strive to give players alternative mods, hope you enjoy Bran's mod

  10. #10

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Understandable, many TW players are use to the fast action first person shooter games. The original NTW vanilla game was also designed to be fast paced with intense short battles. BUT this did not accurately represent the battles that took place during the Napoleonic wars. The term "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" came from using the smooth bore muskets which were only accurate out to 50 or 60 yards. So poor marksmanship along with slower troop movements and higher unit fatigue rates are historically portrayed in the NTW3 mods. Remember these units had long marches into battle, horses were used for cavalry, artillery or supply trains.
    That's why we strive to give players alternative mods, hope you enjoy Bran's mod
    I very much am, it is perfect for me . Right now I just wish that CA had spent more time creating a much bigger map of europe, i do not want the campaign to end, i am taking my time with it so as to make it last as long as possible

  11. #11
    pretorian's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tychy, Poland
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    I'd copy the db file but after this I'v only four countries to choose on the campaign - Italy, Papal state, Suisse and Sweden.

  12. #12
    pretorian's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tychy, Poland
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by pretorian View Post
    I'd copy the db file but after this I'v only four countries to choose on the campaign - Italy, Papal state, Suisse and Sweden.
    Ok, it's everything ok now. I had back to vanilla, installed new napoleonic mod and copy database again.

  13. #13
    Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Play this submod Hard/Hard

  14. #14

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    where is the preferences file?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemc View Post
    where is the preferences file?
    I am also having the issue where the gibraltar map is just an grass field, no fort. I have built a small star fort, but I am wondering if you are not supposed to build it to get the fort map working

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •