Thread: recommended medieval mod in any TW games?

Default recommended medieval mod in any TW games?

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask it in a different approach;
    In any of the TW series, which would be the most recommended medieval mods out there?

I haven't played this game in years (as a matter of fact, the last mod I played was since "third age total war" was released to M2TW).
    I always keep coming back to our great modding community and i'm sure a lot has changed.

My hopes for a mod would be the ones with the most "sophisticated" battle AI and hopefully the diplomacy AI.
    I am really looking for an in-depth mod which adds complexity in the diplomacy, but not least important makes interesting combat maneuvers.

Will be glad to know what you recommend.

Regards!

Default Re: recommended medieval mod in any TW games?

Hi there
    Maybe this?
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Posts merged and YouTube tag added.

Souron's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Lance-A-Lot View Post
    Hi everyone,

I would like to ask it in a different approach;
    In any of the TW series, which would be the most recommended medieval mods out there?

I haven't played this game in years (as a matter of fact, the last mod I played was since "third age total war" was released to M2TW).
    I always keep coming back to our great modding community and i'm sure a lot has changed.

My hopes for a mod would be the ones with the most "sophisticated" battle AI and hopefully the diplomacy AI.
    I am really looking for an in-depth mod which adds complexity in the diplomacy, but not least important makes interesting combat maneuvers.

Will be glad to know what you recommend.

Regards!
    Hi Lance-A-Lot

if medieval interests you this is probably my most favourite mod for Attila

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...tal-War-(MKTW)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've written a few reviews of the recent mods (see in my sig - both on M2TW mods, but also the problems of Rome2/Attila). A broader recommendation for the M2TW is here.

Concerning your interests, the diplomatic AI is not so straightforward in the olders mods, you need to understand it (read this piece), while in the newer games it's more straightfoward.
    I find the battle AI the best in the DeI R2TW mod (but it's not medieval), while many M2TW almost as good. I don't think Attila-MKTW battle AI is good - reckless charges of AI cavalry etc.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!