Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Install Video for NTW 8.6 & technical issues

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Install Video for NTW 8.6 & technical issues

I would suggest that both of you remove all NTW files and folders and do a clean install of the original vanilla game.
    Then start a vanilla battle and/or campaign to make sure everything is running correctly.
    After that follow the instructions in the install video to reload the NTW3 mod.

I have been installing mods on TW games for 10+ years, so I consider myself savvy. Funny you linked that video, thats the exact one I used to install it. On a clean install of napoleon from yesterday. video was great, everything went great. Vanilla worksg good. Just when I pick my country, and campaign loads in , a timer pops up, couting down from 5 seconds, says your out of time,a nd turn is over, it then skips to AI turn. Basically its not letting me take my turn at all in the campaign. it does this on endless loop. went on discord last night, guy said try clean install. tried, it, same thing, I dunno its real weird, thought maybe it would be a simple solution. thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by zrtelford; November 02, 2019 at 05:31 PM.
    18th Century Book about a young Sailor in the Royal Navy, who embarks a great adventure!http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Zacaria-R-Telford/dp/1424142679/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322699110&sr=8-1on

I figured it out. must of been a conflict in my user scripts. deleted the entire file. good to go now, sorry for my idiocy. Can't wait to give it a go!
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    18th Century Book about a young Sailor in the Royal Navy, who embarks a great adventure!http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Zacaria-R-Telford/dp/1424142679/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322699110&sr=8-1on

Quote Originally Posted by zrtelford View Post
    I figured it out. must of been a conflict in my user scripts. deleted the entire file. good to go now, sorry for my idiocy. Can't wait to give it a go!
    Napoleon Total War still remains popular with the TW gaming comunity: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-player-counts

Last edited by Leonardo; December 20, 2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Default Re: NTW3 v8.6 SP Campaign Updates

There seems to be a bug whereby I can't recruit any units from Berlin once I have upgraded the military building to the Military Academy - I think this is because the bonuses for the building are rewarding too many additional recruitment slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Patrician View Post
    There seems to be a bug whereby I can't recruit any units from Berlin once I have upgraded the military building to the Military Academy
    Send me the save-game file of the turn before the upgrade is completed (if you have it) and I'll take a look, and/or the file with the building upgrade completed. Check your pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Send me the save-game file of the turn before the upgrade is completed (if you have it) and I'll take a look, and/or the file with the building upgrade completed. Check your pm.
    Hi.
    First thanks for the magnificent mod, add many new things. Thank you for the effort and for sharing it.
    I have a clean installation of the mod, but I have CTD problems. I think it is due to some movement in France that commits the CTD, but I don't know which one.
    I go up the 3 previous shifts to see if you can find and solve the problem.
    Regards

Link: https://we.tl/t-bLvdx5W3ay
    P.S: I have Bran Mac Born installed (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...gn-AI-Settings)
    but it is not the problem, because I have put the original db.pack and it also produces CTD
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 08, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

[Bug Report]

- While playing as France and occupying the Milan, Northern Italy region i can recruit Legia Nadwislanska (Line Infantry) from the Drill School, Military Academy & Army Staff College. Pretty sure that is a bug since it is a polish unit, and nothing is supposed to be recruited from the Milan, Northern Italy region while playing as France.

- While playing as France and occupying Dresden, Saxony & Thuringia the unit Saxon Musketiere ~Niesemeuschel~ (Line Infantry) is missing it's UI unit card (ofc also missing it while selecting france in the custom battle menu).

- While playing as France and Great Britain the howitzer/obusier cannot be built in any Engeineer School building (tier 5 artillery building). Instead they are only buildable in the Ordnance Factory, Great Arsenal & Ordnance Board.
    Is this intended? Because it seems very strange to have to wait in the beginning of the game with building the Engineer School untill i have recruited all the howitzers/obusiers that i need.
    This might be affecting more factions that just Great Britain and France, i simply have not played with any more factions yet.

- While playing as France The Artillerie a Cheval de 6 Livres also becomes unvailable when upgrading to tier 5 Engeineer School, while previously being available for the Great Arsenal & Ordnance Board.
    Last edited by Fedual; November 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    -While playing as France and occupying the Milan, Northern Italy region I can recruit Legia Nadwislanska (Polish Line Infantry) from the Drill School, Military Academy & Army Staff College.

- While playing as France and occupying Dresden, Saxony & Thuringia the unit Saxon Musketiere ~Niesemeuschel~ (Line Infantry) is missing it's UI unit card (ofc also missing it while selecting France in the custom battle menu).

- While playing as France and Great Britain the howitzer/obusier cannot be built in any Engeineer School building (tier 5 artillery building).

- While playing as France The Artillerie a Cheval de 6 Livres also becomes unvailable when upgrading to tier 5 Engeineer School.
    ~The Polish Legion units served with the French in Northern Italy and were garrisoned there in September 1805 attached to the Kingdom of Italy army.

~I will look at the
    Saxon Musketiere ~Niesemeuschel unit and correct.

~The British and French armies have a large number of recruit-able level 5 units units and all of them can not fit in the recruitment bar located in London & Paris.
    We had to cut back a few units in the capitols but these units can be recruited in Scotland and
    Marseille by upgrading to level 3 or 4 artillery buildings.

~The Polish Legion units served with the French in Northern Italy and were garrisoned there in September 1805 attached to the Kingdom of Italy army.

~I will look at the
    Saxon Musketiere ~Niesemeuschel unit and correct.

~The British and French armies have a large number of recruit-able level 5 units units and all of them can not fit in the recruitment bar located in London & Paris.
    We had to cut back a few units in the capitols but these units can be recruited in Scotland and
    Marseille by upgrading to level 3 or 4 artillery buildings.
    Apologies about those non bugs. Now i am almost hoping the Musketiere unit is missing the UI card for you aswell, or my entire post would have been useless :,(

I have been playing 3 campaigns as Prussia now and one as Britain and in both of them I can't recruit any units from my capital after a few turns. It's just a gray box. I already reinstalled the mod and the game 2 times, and I am playing on the recommended difficult settings. but It still happens to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sem_m8 View Post
    I have been playing 3 campaigns as Prussia now and one as Britain and in both of them I can't recruit any units from my capital after a few turns. It's just a gray box. I already reinstalled the mod and the game 2 times, and I am playing on the recommended difficult settings. but It still happens to me
    Same here, recruitment from Berlin has stopped working a couple of turns into the campaign, i also see that further up this thread Prussian Patrician has the same problem as me and Sem_m8 have now. Seems to be a legit issue since we are 3 people with the same problem

Save File

P.S These files are the files i use in my version of the game:
    NTW3-8.3-Core
    NTW3-8.3-Maps
    NTW3-8.3-Themes.1
    NTW3-8.5-Patch.3
    NTW3-8.6-Patch.1
    Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings
    Last edited by Fedual; November 16, 2019 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Same here, recruitment from Berlin has stopped working a couple of turns into the campaign, i also see that further up this thread Prussian Patrician has the same problem as me and Sem_m8 have now. Seems to be a legit issue since we are 3 people with the same problem

Save File
    P.S These files are the files i use in my version of the game:
    NTW3-8.3-Core
    NTW3-8.3-Maps
    NTW3-8.3-Themes.1
    NTW3-8.5-Patch.3
    NTW3-8.6-Patch.1
    Bran Mac Born's NTW3 v8.6 Single Player Campaign AI Settings
    I used the same, Only I didn't use the bran Mac born settings
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 17, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

I've never seen a problem with Britain as they start with a Staff College. I'll check the original v86 and Brans mod for the Prussian recruitment in Berlin.

I've never seen a problem with Britain as they start with a Staff College. I'll check the original v86 and Brans mod for the Prussian recruitment in Berlin.
    I meant Britain in the peninsular campaign, but great to hear that you are looking in to it.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 19, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

Update, for me it has nothing to do with upgrading to a staff college even with a military academy it bugs out at random times.

The save game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-...hQPGFi56VlD0qN

Default Napoleonic Total War III / Questions,Problems,Please help !

Hello everyone
    This is my first post, made this account especially to ask over here many questions about the awesome mod NTW 3.
    First of all, congratulations to the great job the Lordz did with this mode, I know its 8 years old at least, but I found it just now, I only played DarthMod so far, but this one is better.
    I am latest update installed v8,6 + Bran Mac born NTW 3
    Ok so first of all I have the following questions ( if they have been asked before please tell me ,so I can go to the link )

Q 1 : When playing Main Campaign, as Russia for example, I was not being able to declare war on Ottoman Empire, I do not get it why, it let me trade with them,offer gifts etc, but no war declaring.

Q 2 ( and one of the most frustrating one ) : I dont understand why the AI dont form battle lines ( like in vannila ) they advance in squares, very tight and pack formations, perfect for artillery fire, which first 2 battles was fun, but now not anymore, so how should I say it , they do not spread out and advance in battle lines, only in squares until they are very close to me, how can I fix this ?

Q 3 : Are the pipers/flute singers part of anymore troop formation? I dont see/hear anymore piper in the marching troops, only the drummer

Q 4 : The cavalry charge is not shaking the ground ( monitor image you know what I mean ) when I zoom close to them as they prepare to charge like before, I loved that and now it does not happen anymore

Q 5 : Also the cavalry does not charge completly an enemy infantry troop, its just like they would be a line infantry, and when one infantryman dies, the other behind takes its place, they behave almost the same, 15-20 horsemen fights while the rest of 80 + at least just stay behind and wait .

Q 6: Is it just me, or the riflemen are much more innacurate and cannon balls does less damage ?

For now I only played as Russia since I installed this mod ( 1 day ago ) and I play it on Hard Campaign and Hard Battle . is that the reason maybe why the AI behaves so silly ? I saw on other topics its supposed to stay on Normal both options.
    Thank you very much for the help !

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread merged.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello.
    Anyone can help me please?

Hello,

my game crashes when playing Great Britain in the main campaign. It happens at turn 10 during French Empire move, I tried deleting the latest save games file down too turn 8 yet to no avail...

I'll let you have a look at the crash report file once I have it uploaded, I hope it's useful napoleon_1754_crash_2019_12_19T20_9_39C0.rarenough. Or is there any other solutions for the problem?
    Last edited by Jolenko; December 20, 2019 at 09:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast