Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Install Video for NTW 8.6 & technical issues

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Install Video for NTW 8.6 & technical issues

The NTW3 campaigns took a vacation from the latest updates so we could work on them, they will be back with the next NTW3 v8.6 release scheduled for August
    with a new NTW3 Peninsula campaign that features Classic Battle stats, units & uniforms and MP Campaign play.

Also included are the 1805 European campaign (War of the Third Coalition) and Ottoman campaign (with no diplomatic restrictions to declare war between the Ottomans, Austrians & Russians)
    .... the ability to declare war between these three factions was removed from the 1805 European campaign to allow the Austrians & Russians to focus on the French threat (CA hard coded a war between these three factions into the vanilla game)

Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 01:59 PM.

How come your not able to pick the europe as a multiplayer campaign? When you select europe (the only one there is under main 1805 campaign, if you choose classic, no maps too choose from.) you actually get to play the peninsular campaign instead? I dont want to play the peninsular only the europe.

Lord Davn - The 1805 European campaign was not included in the NTW3 v8.3 or v8.4 releases to give us time to complete the updates. The 1805 European campaign is included with the NTW3 v8.6 release.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 01:32 PM.

Amazing job as always! Let me know in the comments if you run into any issues! Have fun conquering Europe!

The new NTW3 v86 hotfix patch is posted on Mod DB (9-02) for download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleoni...ntw3-8-6-patch

Last edited by Lord Davn; September 03, 2019 at 09:39 PM.
    Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Default Re: Install Video for 8.6 & technical issues

Thank you for the posting the install video

Note that the v8.3 core & map files are required to run the v8.6 release

Here is the download link for the NTW3 v8.6 on ModDB:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-total-war-3

Last edited by Lord Davn; August 27, 2019 at 08:10 AM.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: NTW3 v8.6 Peninsula & 1805 campaigns

I am getting a constant CTD playing as Britain in June of 1807 during the end turn usually when it reaches Prussia's moves, crash dump attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I am getting a constant CTD playing as Britain in June of 1807 during the end turn usually when it reaches Prussia's moves, crash dump attached
    Thanks I'll take a look at it.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

BTW - I'd suggest to rename the small settlement of Brest-Litovsk that is now north of Crimea. It's obviously not the right name as the B-L was on the boarder of Poland and Belarus.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Cannister shot is broken-does not work. Cannons begin firinging animations then stop and they are caught in a loop. Guy lights fuse, puts hands over ears waits then NOTHING happens! No shots are fired out of cannons. Please fix this bug.

I am having the same CTD as Sigma and i'm playing as the British too, first CTD was in the Prussian turn, now it's every time on the French turn, same year, late June 1807.

Quote Originally Posted by General Madruga View Post
    I am having the same CTD as Sigma and i'm playing as the British too, first CTD was in the Prussian turn, now it's every time on the French turn, same year, late June 1807.
    Send me your save_game files, preferably one prior to the CTD and I'll have a look at it. Sometimes it helps to back to the last turn make different moves and may have different out come. http://davn33@yahoo.com

Can i send it to your discord? By email he says the file is too large.

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Stupid question but how/where do I install the 40 Card UI mod?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Lord Davn; August 31, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

Default Re: Install Video for NTW 8.6 & technical issues

I had a CTD with Russia at the French turn on the Ottoman campaign at the 65th turn. I am using v8.6. Here's the save file. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 03, 2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_hussar View Post
    I had a CTD with Russia at the French turn on the Ottoman campaign at the 65th turn. I am using v8.6. Here's the save file. Thanks in advance!
    NTW was originally designed for 32-bit Operating Systems but the move to the 64-bit OS sometimes causes issues with the long campaign play. I removed the shroud and was able to see where/when the CTD occurs on turn 64. The French army attacks the Austrians just North of the town of Sarajevo. The Austrians retreat and as the French follow up their attack the CTD occurs. I reloaded your save_game file and tried several different scenarios, the one that worked was to have Buxhoeveden attack the French to change the direction of the campaign. Sometimes this helps to work around CTD's, especially late in the campaign. Try it for yourself and see if it works.

Here is the download for the work around the CTD at the beginning of the next turn 65: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m14ifm...8_65.save/file

Last edited by Lord Davn; September 05, 2019 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    BTW - I'd suggest to rename the small settlement of Brest-Litovsk that is now north of Crimea. It's obviously not the right name as the B-L was on the boarder of Poland and Belarus.
    While a minor detail that should be corrected, it may cause other problems with the campaign map if the towns name is changed.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 07, 2019 at 02:07 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    NTW was originally designed for 32-bit Operating Systems but the move to the 64-bit OS sometimes causes issues with the long campaign play. I removed the shroud and was able to see where/when the CTD occurs on turn 64. The French army attacks the Austrians just North of the town of Sarajevo. The Austrians retreat and as the French follow up their attack the CTD occurs. I reloaded your save_game file and tried several different scenarios, the one that worked was to have Buxhoeveden attack the French to change the direction of the campaign. Sometimes this helps to work around CTD's, especially late in the campaign. Try it for yourself and see if it works.

Here is the download for the work around the CTD at the beginning of the next turn 65: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m14ifm...8_65.save/file

Thanks for the reply but I can't download the file. It says there's an upload error. Could you upload it again?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 09, 2019 at 11:06 AM.

I'll upload it again. You can also try fixing it yourself by having a unit from Buxhoeveden's army attack the French garrison at Belgrade in the Balkans. Unfortunately the General is the only unit left with any movement points so you'll have to sacrifice him for the campaign. You can replace him with another General from the recruitment que. I'd also suggest adding more cavalry units to your army, especially the scout cav units. They're ideal for this situation.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; September 09, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks a lot! It finally worked. After your first reply I tried going forth with the general but the garrison at Belgrade did not attack me for some reason. After your second reply though, i tried again, they attacked me, I retreated, they pushed on and killed him. That garrison didn't have enough points to go back to the city so the Austrian besieged it but didn't assault although the city was practically empty. So I managed to defeat the French troops with the hidden army led by their new general and destroyed the remainder of their army at the gates of Belgrade with the help of the Austrians who lifted the siege on the next turn and went back to their province of Transylvania. I captured Belgrade and defeated an invading Spanish army.

So far so good! It's the 68th turn and everything's alright! For now...

Thanks a lot for the attention and effort in saving my campaign! I really thought it was done for good! Cheers!

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon... On the 75th turn I have another CTD. This time Prussia is the culprit. Is there are console command to remove the fog of war? Here's the save file.
    Last edited by The_hussar; September 09, 2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Game crashed again

Default Installer can't find napoleon.exe

After downloading the correct files as shown in the install video, I attempted to install, beginning with the core mod files, but when I ran the installer, it told me it was unable to find my executable. My steam file is in a folder called games rather than the program files (x86) as is the default, but I definitely pointed the program to the correct folder. My system is Windows 10, and if be happy to provide any other info necessary to resolve this issue.

I go to start a campaign, I get instant message time is up, your turn is over? and it skips me, no matter what country I pick. I have to be missing something. help needed.
    18th Century Book about a young Sailor in the Royal Navy, who embarks a great adventure!http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Zacaria-R-Telford/dp/1424142679/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322699110&sr=8-1on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast