Thread: How does the AI receive generals?

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Default How does the AI receive generals?

Does the AI get a spawned general every turn they have more setts than generals? If so, how could I turn that off and insert my own generals?

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Default Re: How does the AI receive generals?

There are news about?

It seems to be rather random but if usually follows the number of settlements. The more settlements, the more Generals you will have, but it's not always like this. You do not turn it off but you can create something like EBII did and recruit your own Generals so that you can better control how many you have.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Thanks for the quick reply Lusitanio!!
    Do you mean that you can chose to recruit the generals from captains in EBII?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

When you recruit a unit with the general_unit attribute (in EDU) then it creates a general with that unit as his bodyguard. Normally this does not happen because normally general_unit units are not made recruitable in EDB.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    When you recruit a unit with the general_unit attribute (in EDU) then it creates a general with that unit as his bodyguard. Normally this does not happen because normally general_unit units are not made recruitable in EDB.
    I actually considered making more recruitable generals for the AI a way to make it more likely that the AI has it's armies lead by the generals (not captains, what happens most of the time). do you see drawbacks of such solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I actually considered making more recruitable generals for the AI a way to make it more likely that the AI has it's armies lead by the generals (not captains, what happens most of the time). do you see drawbacks of such solution?
    The only negative thing that I see is the AI recruiting too many Generals but you can control that by limiting the recruitment of those Generals in certain buildings and with a very low refreshment pool.
    You can also create an event in the campaign script and add that condition to the recruitment of the General so that the AI would only be able to recruit the General while that event is "on".