Thread: Mod question: How can I reduce the probability of those Extreme Blizzard events?

antred's Avatar Senator

Default Mod question: How can I reduce the probability of those Extreme Blizzard events?

Playing as the Suebi, these are really getting on my nerves, and I'm quite fed up with how I'm getting them basically every darn winter. Is there a way to disable that event or at least lower the chances of it happening? What do I have to fiddle with to get rid of it?

EDIT: Alternatively, editing its effects so that at least the attrition part is removed or lowered would work for me as well.
    Last edited by antred; August 24, 2019 at 04:35 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Mod question: How can I reduce the probability of those Extreme Blizzard events?

"season_province_effect_bundles_tables" into DeI TWC 1st pack, lower the weighting.

Default Re: Mod question: How can I reduce the probability of those Extreme Blizzard events?

Aren’t most suebi units immune to winter attrition?

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    "season_province_effect_bundles_tables" into DeI TWC 1st pack, lower the weighting.
    Thank you.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    Aren’t most suebi units immune to winter attrition?
    As far as I know, there aren't any units in the game that are immune to extreme-blizzard attrition. If there are, I haven't encountered them yet.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Don't think you can give that to specific units, only factions if I'm correct

Yes, you can give a unit the cold or hot attribute, but that only affects their stamina loss on the respective battle map terrain, the campaign attrition immunity is governed by an attribute given to specific factions. I also don't know if winter immunity on the campaign map includes extreme weather, or only gives immunity when a unit travers over heavy snowy areas.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I also don't know if winter immunity on the campaign map includes extreme weather, or only gives immunity when a unit travers over heavy snowy areas.
    All I can tell you is that, every time I get an Extreme Blizzard event, all my Suebi units in the same province suffer 10% casualties. All of them, without exception. So either none of the Suebi units have that immunity flag or the Suebi faction as a whole doesn't have the immunity flag or the immunity doesn't protect units from extreme weather events. As far as I can tell, those are the only possibilities.
    Last edited by antred; August 25, 2019 at 10:53 PM.