Thread: Fixing the Vampire coast factions bug by Edit SF?

Icon4 Fixing the Vampire coast factions bug by Edit SF?

Hail
    Just hanging around with warhammer II for a while and encountered thousands of crashes and bugs while i have a clean installation with no mods just vanilla game and not yet drained but the last one just made me disappointed so much that i left the game for some time.
    I know you may be familiar with the subject but for those who doesn't know i should tell you the game will crash right after you destroy a vampire coast faction no matter which one.
    Its a true game breaker issue that nobody can lives with that even those like me who survived thousands of save loading crashes,post battle loading crashes,Starting campaign loading crashes,AI turn Crashes...etc but this one?This one is a the most cruel of all.The most annoying of all bugs that i ever encountered in my life i should name it the king of the bugs!
    Story began after i made a tomb king campaign i managed to survive until the turn 196 and i just conquered the whole area around myself.To the east its just Khalida to the north its just the greenskin confederation and to the west is shark strait!
    I am a super power now but until now.
    2 turns earlier i made a grave mistake and i attacked the pirates of stratosa(i don't know their exact name)and captured their capital city they only left with a minor port city and that city was besieged by wood elves already.
    So after 2-3 turns every time i hit the next turn button it was crashed at the Wood elves turn!
    After a lot of searches i understood that there is bug in this cursed faction that if you destroy them they will destroy your campaign for sure!
    Now the question is :
    Can anybody resolve this bug by editing the savegame by edit sf?
    Please if anyone are experinced with the subject fell free to share with me and all who suffered at the hands of the king of the bugs!
    Thanks all

Edit:The crash occurred because of the pirate coves so i want to know any body knows how can i just removing those pirate coves from the savegame by edit sf?
    Last edited by Ariamanesh; August 24, 2019 at 05:40 AM.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Fixing the Vampire coast factions bug by Edit SF?

This is an old bug which has been corrected by CA months ago. Are you sure your version is up to date? Maybe try to uninstall completly and reinstall from Steam to be sure you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    This is an old bug which has been corrected by CA months ago. Are you sure your version is up to date? Maybe try to uninstall completly and reinstall from Steam to be sure you have it.
    Hail
    Thanks for the reply friend i was almost running out of patience!!
    Which version of the game is the newest version and also bug free?
    And what about the other bugs?
    Did they fixed those as well?
    The bugs that made the game crash at loading saves i mean.
    Thanks again
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Patrician Artifex

With Steam, your version is updated automatically, so you shouldn't have to ask the question.

And for those who don't have the steam?
    I have the physical copy not the steam version.Then what?

Patrician Artifex

Even with the physical copy I think you need Steam to activate, get DLC and patches.

Or by "phyisical copy", you mean a pirated version?

Even from Total War official website, clicking on "Buy" get you directly to the Steam page.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

If you bought a physical disk that doesn't need steam you have been either fooled or know very well what you did.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.