Thread: Raiding issue

Default Raiding issue

Hi guys, I got a little problem with a raiding army of my friendly neighboring faction. I conquered a city and my neighbor's army stayed on raid stance giving me a -10 PO penalty. After a few turns its still there even tho we have got 100+ relations.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 6 Pro eszközömről
    Historia est magistra vitae. - Cicero

Default Re: Raiding issue

Welcome to Rome 2's AI

You could try a military target for them if you are allied. Another option that sometimes helps fix stuck AI is to change the AI turn movement view option.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks for the reply. I just waited out till my spy arrives from far away, meanwhile the city rebelled, and the rebel scum instantly attacked the garrison. The raiding army finally moved to attack the rebels so its ok now. [emoji1]

Their army is still there, although they are not raiding anymore, so they just consume regional food and supply.
    Apart from this vanilla glitch Im really enjoying my Parthian campaign, they got a nice unit mixture and the cavalry are devastating. Thanks for your work guys, the mod is awesome.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

This is such a regular CA annoyance, but made more brutal in repercussions because of DeI's deeper campaign features. It really shows the shallowness of diplomacy -- CA built in the "allied target" feature but it never works (when it does work, I question whether it's because of a different AI decision as usually the targets are already the most logical/nearest choice). I've had allies with targets right next to them for nearly a decade of game time and they don't do anything about it.

In my disastrous Alexander campaign (haven't tried since hotfix), while a total of 10-11 stacks were coming at Greece, the Egyptians made a landing followed by Lydia, then Egypyt again, and took Sparta. The Spartan army was in Larissa and immediately started raiding me. Not only did this make no sense (close allies) but they had enough men to probably retake their city. They never tried....

Will some genius come around to script a diplomatic feature to force these allied armies to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Another option that sometimes helps fix stuck AI is to change the AI turn movement view option.
    Do you think it's just the act of changing it, or does it have to be turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    This is such a regular CA annoyance, but made more brutal in repercussions because of DeI's deeper campaign features. It really shows the shallowness of diplomacy -- CA built in the "allied target" feature but it never works (when it does work, I question whether it's because of a different AI decision as usually the targets are already the most logical/nearest choice). I've had allies with targets right next to them for nearly a decade of game time and they don't do anything about it.

In my disastrous Alexander campaign (haven't tried since hotfix), while a total of 10-11 stacks were coming at Greece, the Egyptians made a landing followed by Lydia, then Egypyt again, and took Sparta. The Spartan army was in Larissa and immediately started raiding me. Not only did this make no sense (close allies) but they had enough men to probably retake their city. They never tried....

Will some genius come around to script a diplomatic feature to force these allied armies to move?

Do you think it's just the act of changing it, or does it have to be turned off?
    I wanted to help Massalia (my satrapy) be declaring war on their neighbors and help conquer them, as a response they sent all of their armies to Rome and left them there to stand around :p.

Yeah, diplomacy is one of the weak spots of this game. We should have so many more options to interact with factions. Speaking about diplomacy, do you guys know what factors (traits or party loyalty) affect the sending diplo emissionary success chance? You know when you send one of your characters to improve relations with some other faction but he betrays you.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Check this pack, should be inside one of the cdir table. There is also a cai table where you can turn off/on the events, not sure if I recall correctly though, didn't work on these tables yet.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1397295936

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I wanted to help Massalia (my satrapy) be declaring war on their neighbors and help conquer them, as a response they sent all of their armies to Rome and left them there to stand around :p.
    Must have been a really good party

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Check this pack, should be inside one of the cdir table. There is also a cai table where you can turn off/on the events, not sure if I recall correctly though, didn't work on these tables yet.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1397295936
    Thanks, looks promising.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Must have been a really good party
    A classic Dardo's greekhellenisticromangaulspanishbarbarian campaign