Thread: Is the MOD dead?

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Default Is the MOD dead?

So I stumbled upon this MOD by watching some youtube clip...got exited and started looking around on here as well as reddit and also on Steam Forums....it seems it is dead and only some random...very occasional post is to be found. Also the posts everywhere about running the MOD and installation of it are not very favorable, lots of complainds about crashing/not running etc etc.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: Is the MOD dead?

Most of the activity is over on Moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod as this section of the TWC forums arent very active anymore what with the large number of newer total war games getting all the attention.

We are working on a new update which is very large and our team isnt as big as it once was so progress is slow but steady. We have also been on vacation this past few weeks but are now back working on the update again.

BTW what video did you watch that got you interested?

Oh ok, well I will certainly check that website out of course. As to what got me interested...it was a 19:25 long clip titled "so they added WW1 to Napoleon Total war and its great" by Alex the Rambler. Not that this person sold me on the mod itself being that it was not overly informative. But I believe the post was fairly new on youtube (maybe 2-3 days old) and the visuals where very nice, and I had the impressionthat the Mod was a newer one and did not expect it to be in existence for as long as it apparently is. So I went on and started looking for info on my "ususal" forums that I read every day regarding all total war games, and other games of course...Just couldnt find much in regards to TGW. Which initially surprised me of course so I decided to ask yesterday here.
    I personally love the era of the great war and always felt that this particular period does not get enough love via WW1 games (Verdun, Rise of Flight are few exceptions) so my excitement upon watching this youtube clip was VERY high.

Patrician

I noticed a large uptick in visits to the site and downloads and I was wondering why so I searched TGW mod on youtube and found that video so its nice to see that you saw that video as well.

The new update will be released some time this year and it fixes alot of those issues you read about as well as adding a ton of new stuff.

That is some really good news, I am very much interested in downloading this mod and play it, now since you mentioned the update coming this year I will obviously wait with it until the update is out. But at least it is a wait for a reason so I am more than ok with waiting. I know this must be the most asked question so I will just add to the people waiting and anticipating the release, is there a timeline you and the team are looking at for the update? Also as a side question where is the best link for download and installing it? I seen the Forum post here of course but wasn't sure if that will be the route to go...

Patrician

Here is where you download the mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod/downloads

Once the new update is released, which will be called TGW6, you can download it from that same page.