Thread: Destroying Enemy Faction - Runtime error

Default Destroying Enemy Faction - Runtime error

Hi!

I'm playing with Sun Clan and when trying to eliminate Shanyue capital at Linchuang it gives me a runtime error and CTD after Occupation option is selected.

Here's the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sN...D15A7cZvUI_eCR.

Thanks for the great mod!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Destroying Enemy Faction - Runtime error

I’m on vacation, and away from my computer, but it could possibly be due to a bug inherent with M2TW. Specifically this bug occurs when a faction is killed by taking their last city, but the FH survives (because he is outside the city). When that happens the FH tries to transition to FL, but can’t since the faction is dead, and so the game freaks out and crashes. Kull and Bovi did some research on this here.

As a work-around, I would suggest eliminating their armies in the field first, particularly the FH, before taking the final city.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

A temporary fix (hopefully) would be to 'suspend' the traits while that battle takes place. In other words make a back up of the ata\export_descr_character_traits file, then search for the first occurrence of trigger. Delete all the content from there to the bottom, save the file and do battle.

The search will get you to line 31740 with this content: ;== TRIGGER DATA STARTS HERE ==
    Delete everything from there to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I’m on vacation, and away from my computer, but it could possibly be due to a bug inherent with M2TW. Specifically this bug occurs when a faction is killed by taking their last city, but the FH survives (because he is outside the city). When that happens the FH tries to transition to FL, but can’t since the faction is dead, and so the game freaks out and crashes. Kull and Bovi did some research on this here.

As a work-around, I would suggest eliminating their armies in the field first, particularly the FH, before taking the final city.
    Ok, sounds like this is most likely reason. Funny that I never managed to come across this bug in vanilla.

I left Shanuye alone and they asked for peace at some point. After about 45 turns they attacked again and at this point I managed to capture the city without issues, not sure if FL and/or FH was present.

Thanks for the tips Seether and Gigantus, I'll keep in mind those other changes to correct the issue too. Luckily this time it wasn't crucial time for this to happen.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I’m happy you got through the issue. I’m going to see if there isn’t a script to add, or remove, to eliminate this issue happening anymore.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR