Thread: Crashes today

Default Crashes today

Something happened... Today rome downloaded something and then the game crash every time I change the turn... The game says that mods are outdated and whichever...

Why?

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Crashes today

Hello,

If it's not a mod, then it has to be the new launcher. If the latter is true then you ought to switch to the old launcher in "betas" in the Rome 2 options over at Steam.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

.. Ok... In betas? Ok, many thanks I will try it and report.

Sounds like they updated the launcher yet again. If you have issues with Steam you can also try our standalone version. Or, as Ygraine said, you can try the beta release candidate launcher game version.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

It doesn't work.

I disinstalled it and re download again... Then I will try...

Btw every time I launch the game with the mod on a black and red warning pop up staining that the mod is out of date...

Just ignore the warning.

Eh... But it crashes

Now I'm trying the stand alone... I'm really hurted because I have time to play with Rome and this problem is a mess

Nothing.... I try and it crashes every time I hit Next turn...maybe it's the save file...no I open up the game from a previous save in turn 71..skyp all the things to turn 75 and see if it crashes

It crashes every time between turn 75 and 76...I noted that, starting from an old save, the AI made more movement than starting directly from save at turn 75....what can I do? I don't want to waste such a game

The standard things to do when you have issues loading the mod or have crashes:
    1. Check for other mods or mod conflicts, even mods not loaded can be a problem.
    2. Reverify your game files in Steam
    3. Try the standalone or delete/resubscribe to part 1 on Steam if you are using that
    4. Try the beta launcher (release candidate launcher option in Steam)
    5. Sometimes deleting the CA appdata folder (I cant remember the exact location) and then reverifying can help

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

As said I have tested everything... It crash between turn 75 and 76...I don't know why

Have you tried loading an older save from a few turns before, then making a new save and loading the new save before going to the next turn?

No, I will try it, but looking on net I discovered (a bit too late) that this End Turn crash is a TW "must have" with a lot of people complaining about it...moreover it seems to be un fixable by some permanent solution and the Devs never pop up with solutions..

A quick question: which are the campaign surely reworked with DEI?

The grand campaign is our main focus, all others simply had the unit roster either rebalanced or adjusted, as well as had the custom scripts added.