Thread: [WIP] Lord Hamilton's Normans

Lord Hamilton's Avatar Treun anns a' chath

Icon14 [WIP] Lord Hamilton's Normans

Hi there! I haven't been around these parts for a while...some of you may be familiar with an old mod I contributed to for M2TW (War of the West). I took a pretty long break from Total War modding, but it looks like ToB has sucked me right back in! I've been hard at work on something I hope you'll all enjoy...

I'm a sucker for the Normans, but I just couldn't stomach the vanilla look + feel of their units...so I've decided to re-do them

Here's a first teaser - my revised NORMAN KNIGHTS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Normans.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	268.8 KB 
ID:	359220

I have pretty much the whole roster re-done at this point, just need to do a bit of testing to make sure there aren't any final bugs. This mod will include:
    • A complete re-skin of all vanilla Norman units, focused on historical realism
    • Newly painted round and kite shields
    • Revised unit icons which match the new style of the units (in the vanilla style to they still fit in seamlessly)...and also remove the ridiculous mustaches that were on all of the original cards

Should have this all up in the Steam Workshop pretty soon. In the meantime, feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
    -LH
    Former Unit Designer/Artist for War of the West (M2TW)
    Tip-toeing back into modding with ToB - Check out my Normans overhaul here!

Default Re: [WIP] Lord Hamilton's Normans

Excellent historical design, quite colorful. It seems CA always forgets that before industrialization the armies in the west were quite heterogeneous in their appearance (Romans notwithstanding, but even their armies were quite the sight to see in all of their historical stages) often reflecting local and regional traditions, as well as the personal loyalties of the soldiers. You should talk with the modders of the shieldwall overhaul (pretty much the only active grand historical overhaul mod for Thrones of Britannia) to see if you can colaborate with them in overhauling the norman faction. Great Work and Thanks.

Default Re: [WIP] Lord Hamilton's Normans

Great job, it's always a pleasure to see new mods for ToB being made