Thread: How would I make more factions playable in a sub-campaign like Alexander?

Default How would I make more factions playable in a sub-campaign like Alexander?

I am absolutely loving DeI's incredible work on the Alexander campaign, and like the King himself I am dreaming of new worlds even as I fail to conquer this one. It would be awesome to play as the Bosporan Kingdom or Sparta in the new setup and deal with the fascinating political situation -- as much as I love the Grand Campaign, I've played it literally to death and the idea of a new grand campaign with a different Mediterranean is tantalizing. Even a Carthage game could be really cool.

I've never tried my hand at doing this before. I have a pack editor, but what would I add/change?

Thanks as always for your tireless work.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Default Re: How would I make more factions playable in a sub-campaign like Alexander?

Its not as simple as opening up factions to play. Alexander is pretty heavily scripted in terms of restrictions and also has a lot of effects added to balance things. However, making a submod where Epirus or Sparta are playable wouldn't be that bad since they are not restricted. Rome, Carthage, Persia or others would be a different story.

I plan on making submods for Alexander in the future with more factions to play, etc. We literally just finished releasing it after it took about 6 months to make and then I spent 2 weeks having to rebalance the whole thing so I am taking a little break. I do think that for co-op purposes having Epirus/Sparta playable would be nice.

To answer your question, you need to look up how to make factions playable - there are multiple guides and tutorials on it. You basically have to change a few variables in the startpos and add some political party entries.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: How would I make more factions playable in a sub-campaign like Alexander?

Ah. I figured that may be the case. Well in the meantime Macedon is great fun. I apologize if I came across as rushing you! This is a monumental achievement and I am utterly delighted by it.

I'll look into it -- and eagerly await your submods after your well deserved-R&R.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

No rush just a little burnt out on my end. I will get back to it soon. I also have fixes for the main mod, some other submod updates, and various things on my list as well. Always something to work on

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----