Thread: [Help] Ability to auto-activate at the start of a battle?

Default [Help] Ability to auto-activate at the start of a battle?

Hey community!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but, does anyone happen to know how I can get an ability like form Hoplite phalanx to always auto-activate at the start of a battle?

Regards
    Iktah

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Help] Ability to auto-activate at the start of a battle?

Hello Iktah! Table you are looking for is the "unit_abilities" in data packs. There you can edit abilities and you will see a column that decides if the ability needs to be pressed to get activated, or gets active at the start of the battle.

Hi Valerius Karamus!

Thanks for the reply, but I cant seem to get it to work..

In the unit_abilities_tables I can see two check boxes, "stationary_for_turn" and "Requires_effect_enabling" and in addition I can add tooltip text and something called supersedes ability.
    So If I add a key, form_hoplite_phalanx and if I leave the "Requires_effect_enabling" unboxed will that always make sure that is activated at the start of the battle?

I am afraid I don' follow?

Regards
    Iktah

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

There seems to be another table named "unit_special_abilities" where you can decide if the unit ability is 'passive' or not. I suppose that is the one you should change if yuo want your hoplite unit assume phalanx stance automatically at the start of battle. But that may mean unit can not disactivate this formation. I don't know honestly, you will have to test which of these tables work..

Thanks! I will test it..

best regards
    Iktah

Sadly no luck with this, any other ideas anyone? I know divide et impera activates abilities automatically, namely the fatigue modifiers..

regards Iktah