Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Trump wants to buy Greenland

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Trump wants to buy Greenland

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Uh huh. That's exactly what happened.
    Show me where an offer was made. It's all press hype. Go on. Show me where an offer was made. He never even went to Denmark.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Show me where an offer was made. It's all press hype. Go on. Show me where an offer was made. He never even went to Denmark.
    No offer was made since Denmark refused to hard before he could make it.

He was tweeting to himself "I wonder if I should buy Greenland", and the Danes were like " no".

And then he decided to cancel his trip to Denmark.

Don't worry, that's just Trump working on his "Nixon image" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory .

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Don't worry, that's just Trump working on his "Nixon image" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory .
    Given that US adversaries are being as provocative and aggressive as ever, I think we can discount that idea.

Plus, since when is Denmark an adversary of anyone, let alone the US?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Given that US adversaries are being as provocative and aggressive as ever, I think we can discount that idea.

Ah I see you don't get it.

Economic war with China, increasing hostility toward Iran...those are things that no rationally thinking politician would do, because the short term losses would kill his political career. Normally, China would simply call the current actions of US toward them a bluff, since all-out economic war is a lose-lose scenario, like nuclear war. But if they percieve Trump to be deranged enough to actually go through with it regardless of damage it does to US, they might offer concessions, rather than calling the bluff, to save themselves from the damage.

But in order to do that, Trump has to cultivate certain image. This temper tantrum toward Denmark is just that...

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post

The Vice Chairman, Mr. Søren Espersen, of the Dansk Folkeparti wanted to move the german-danish border southwards to the Eider in 2017:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But i think it was probably only his glorious idea.^^
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; August 23, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Economic war with China, increasing hostility toward Iran...those are things that no rationally thinking politician would do, because the short term losses would kill his political career. Normally, China would simply call the current actions of US toward them a bluff, since all-out economic war is a lose-lose scenario, like nuclear war. But if they percieve Trump to be deranged enough to actually go through with it regardless of damage it does to US, they might offer concessions, rather than calling the bluff, to save themselves from the damage.

But in order to do that, Trump has to cultivate certain image. This temper tantrum toward Denmark is just that...
    In order for your theory to even have a workable observation as a basis, there would need to be a concrete example of this “faux madness” having succeeded in producing the masterful results you claim Trump is aiming for. The method to Trump’s madness is there is no method. He reacts to things moment to moment like a child. US adversaries have been quick to notice this and placate his need for flattery, attention and validation. See: North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Russia, etc.

Plus Denmark already “called the bluff” and told Trump to off, so I’m not sure why you’d bring that up here.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; August 23, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Economic war with China, increasing hostility toward Iran...those are things that no rationally thinking politician would do, because the short term losses would kill his political career. Normally, China would simply call the current actions of US toward them a bluff, since all-out economic war is a lose-lose scenario, like nuclear war.
    How did you get that conclusion? China is replaceable to the world, US is not. And Republicans losing presidency is nowhere as serious as CPC losing power due to recession.

He doesn't have a political career anyway.

I just wonder if Americans would rush to Greenland for free medical care after the purchase

That length of water between the Danish territory of Greenland and the Canadian territory of Nunavut is known as the Davis Strait. That is where the Royal Danish Navy, two frigates and a destroyer...if I remember correctly, threatened us Canucks with war if we did not allow them sovereignty as per the oil and LNG; also, this is when the Danes were led by a Social-Democrat government! The true north strong and free from sea unto shining sea. Come hell and over my dead body, we Canadians are diplomatic until a gang of neo-fascistic vikings start to threaten our dominion. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Danish people, but please, spare this Jewish-Canadian the thought that the Danes are victims; its' 2019, not 1940.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

As expected Trump is opening a US consulate in Greenland. Looks like the money tap is going to be turned on:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...QJU?li=BBnb7Kz

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Lovely to watch a strong female put little boy Trump in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    Lovely to watch a strong female put little boy Trump in his place.
    That's a fetish I really didn't want to know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by BundesReich View Post
    That length of water between the Danish territory of Greenland and the Canadian territory of Nunavut is known as the Davis Strait. That is where the Royal Danish Navy, two frigates and a destroyer...if I remember correctly, threatened us Canucks with war if we did not allow them sovereignty as per the oil and LNG; also, this is when the Danes were led by a Social-Democrat government! The true north strong and free from sea unto shining sea. Come hell and over my dead body, we Canadians are diplomatic until a gang of neo-fascistic vikings start to threaten our dominion. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Danish people, but please, spare this Jewish-Canadian the thought that the Danes are victims; its' 2019, not 1940.
    Okey I bite, What?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456