Thread: 1648- Thirty Years War Install Video

Default 1648- Thirty Years War Install Video

Please change location or move if not allowed I am thinking of doing a lets play on this mod. It is really truly fantastic. Let me know in the comments if you run into any issues!

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Default Re: 1648- Thirty Years War Install Video

I greet your effort. Only problems I have with this mod are long AI turns and random crashes. Everything else is fine. And pike and shot era is my favorite period in military history. Too bad this mod doesn't have narrower sub-campaigns with smaller maps, like clash between Dutch and Spaniards, or French and Spaniards... I guess it would have been smoother then.

I'd like to see this mod continued in development tbh. There's been so much love put into it, that its a shame that its stability is so poor and it has been left in a rather unfinished state.

Thank you for this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav Mahler View Post
    I greet your effort. Only problems I have with this mod are long AI turns and random crashes. Everything else is fine. And pike and shot era is my favorite period in military history. Too bad this mod doesn't have narrower sub-campaigns with smaller maps, like clash between Dutch and Spaniards, or French and Spaniards... I guess it would have been smoother then.
    I think this mod is brilliant despite some issues. The Pike & Shot era for me is the best.

I agree Gustav and there are a number of important nations missing - Savoy for example? I would love to see the issues resolved and maybe as others have said smaller campaigns.

What is needed to get this mod into a finished state? Is it money? Time? Improved coders? What?

Unfortunately there is a number of great Pike & Shot Med2 mods, all of them so close yet not finished:

1. This one
    2. For King or Country
    3. Potop Total War
    4. The Italian Wars
    5. With Fire and Sword 2

1st one would need a really dedicated scripter
    2nd one is almost done, I even began thinking on finishing it myself
    3rd needs translation and UI fixes
    4th is actively worked on, check it out!
    5th needs original russian text and then translating it + CTDs fix

Can someone upload this to moddb?