Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Settler Units

Default [Submod] Settler Units

Link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/je4b2iunxx0vfd9/%2540a_DeI_Settlers.pack/file

Due to various requests, here is a submod that provides Settlers units for all factions. These units allow you to recruit 600 of one population class and move it to another region by disbanding.

For now, all factions share the unit types. If there is interest in the future I may expand this so that each faction has its own unit with the population class name/appearance etc.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Dresden; May 08, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Submod] Settler Units

So interesting idea Dresden !! This is a clear feature must be in main mod if well accepted by community

Much obliged Dresden.

It used to be in the main mod actually when the supply system first came out and was generally disliked because it causes a lot of clutter in the recruitment screen and most people just used other units for the purpose anyway. Also, there may be issues in battles with units this size and with transports, etc. However, I do see its value and I think a submod makes sense. I can expand on the idea and post it on Steam too eventually, I just made this in a few hours today.

Just realized the unit cards have a white cut out on them by accident, I will clean that up when I get a chance.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 15, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

One day we should consider tweaking this a bit. For example, I don't think pop 1 should have settler units. My impression is that the state couldn't just up and move it's elite citizens.

Further, there should be a public order negative for levying/having settler units, to represent the resistance towards forced migration. Food for thought.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    One day we should consider tweaking this a bit. For example, I don't think pop 1 should have settler units. My impression is that the state couldn't just up and move it's elite citizens.
    Agreed
    Further, there should be a public order negative for levying/having settler units, to represent the resistance towards forced migration. Food for thought.
    Usually, military settlement was incentivised through promises of land ownership, so why would they object?
    IMO a PO malus involving culture (major yes/no) and ratio of population classes in the settled province would make sense.
    Settlers in a foreign land usually cause discontent with the natives. Being settled in the neighbourhood of aristocratic Latifundia reduces the likelihood of economic success.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Im going to make a full stack of them and see how they go in a battle. Maybe break my pc idk lol

Excellent idea, I love it!

Civis

This sub mod make things interesting!
    Nice one

Having effects tied to them would be interesting, I agree. In terms of not having 1st class I agree in principle but in reality/gameplay it almost negates the purpose of the mod. 1st class is really the one that most people have problems with and I would think is the reason most people would use this mod. I could be wrong, though!

This version is a very rough draft of the idea I threw together in some spare time yesterday. It basically just is a proof of concept.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Nice mod!
    Hey Dresden, would you mind if I take your pack and do a custom version for Testudo?
    I'll link this system to one of the RPGu units.
    Thx.

Dresden I'm not getting the mod to work: I don't see any settlers. I tried disabling all other mods, verifying game files, and reinstalling. None of it worked. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Nice mod!
    Hey Dresden, would you mind if I take your pack and do a custom version for Testudo?
    I'll link this system to one of the RPGu units.
    Thx.
    Sure feel free to use it however you want.

Dresden I'm not getting the mod to work: I don't see any settlers. I tried disabling all other mods, verifying game files, and reinstalling. None of it worked. Any ideas?
    Which faction? Maybe I missed one. But in theory it should work with any submod even if it loads after the main mod.

I tried many different factions. (I'm using the old launcher)

Hrm I dont know then I just tested it again and I see them for any faction I try. I assume you have enabled out of date mods checked and its activated so I don't know what else it could be. I am using the new launcher but that shouldn't matter in theory.

Barnak's Avatar Foederatus

Is it savegame compatible? I haven't been able to find the settlers when playing as Galatia.

EDIT: I found the settlers units, my bad
    Last edited by Barnak; August 21, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

Yes, it should be save game compatible and compatible with most other submods unless they edit the units.lua

I disagree based on an roleplay value.
    Having the possibility to move elite citizens can be used to roleplay social effect of a shift in leadership. When Caesar marched towards Rome, nearly every noble/patrician fled the city. It could be awesome that after maybe going from republic to empire if you could dispatch some part of the Roman elite to the contry side to reflect the actual exodus that may have occured.
    Of course it could be used to cheat the supply system and be able to recruit elite units in frontier region but hey, in my sense RTW with DEI is all about self imposed rules to keep the fun alive!

This mod has been extremely helpful in the grand scheme of things. In those situations where I find myself at war with the world - on purpose or not - this really helps keep replenishment working, as well as roleplay colonization. Thanks a bunch!

No problem. I am glad you guys like it. I will probably expand it in the future to make the units a bit more unique for each culture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast