Thread: Why not auxiliaris ? Help

Default Why not auxiliaris ? Help

when I start the campaign with Rome I can't recruit any auxiliaries , why ? I need some buildings or research?
    And another question , I can't choose gallic tribes for the campaign and hispanic tribes, do I nedd some DLC?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Why not auxiliaris ? Help

I second that, this bug has been here like a year ago and it's back. I'm having the same troubles. Please fix it guys. Thank you!

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Have you constructed the Auxiliary Recruitment building?
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Have you constructed the Auxiliary Recruitment building?
    I'm around 80 turn into the roman campaign, having multiple auxiliary barracks constructed, allied levy and proletarii recruitment tehnologies researched, allied type cities all over the place. But no socii/auxiliary units available for recruitment, only standard roman and some AOR units.

I'm not using any submods or manpower mod. Just having subscribed part1 and part2 from steam.

Any ideas?

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Have you researched the auxiliaries technology in the later tiers of the military tree? Before that, you are supplied only with AoR.

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    Have you researched the auxiliaries technology in the later tiers of the military tree? Before that, you are supplied only with AoR.
    Yes. Still no Socii cohorts, no extraordinarii, etc. Only AOR units.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	359289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	359290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	751.4 KB 
ID:	359291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	723.9 KB 
ID:	359292

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Yes. Still no Socii cohorts, no extraordinarii, etc. Only AOR units.
    Why do you say yes if it's not true?

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus_Rex View Post
    Why do you say yes if it's not true?
    Look, I'm not here to argue. My point is there are missing socii units such as etruscan, lucani and samnite hastati, principes and extraordinari. I WAS able to recruit them early in the campaign but after researching tech for upgrading all hastati,principes, triarii, velites, socii, etc. I can't recruit any socii cohort or extraordinarii anymore. Only roman units and some weak AOR infantry and cav.
    It's not a big deal, I can live without them, I'm just reporting an issue, not seeking to get sarcastic replies and accusations that I did something wrong. That's not how bug reporting works.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Quote Originally Posted by dmboss View Post
    Look, I'm not here to argue. My point is there are missing socii units such as etruscan, lucani and samnite hastati, principes and extraordinari. I WAS able to recruit them early in the campaign but after researching tech for upgrading all hastati,principes, triarii, velites, socii, etc. I can't recruit any socii cohort or extraordinarii anymore. Only roman units and some weak AOR infantry and cav.
    It's not a big deal, I can live without them, I'm just reporting an issue, not seeking to get sarcastic replies and accusations that I did something wrong. That's not how bug reporting works.
    I believe that's WAD - as you move through the Roman campaign you lose access to the individual Etruscan, Lucani and Samnite units, reflecting their gradual incorporation into the broader Roman army structure. They are replaced with the Cohors Sociorum units, which are the AoR for all Italian territories, and which you can see in the recruitment bar on your second screenshot.

If you want to gain the later auxiliaries, you need to research the "Standardised Auxilia" tech which is the first tech in tier 4 of the military tech tree. You haven't reached that tech in any of your screenshots, hence all you can access is AoR