Thread: Uplay+ Subscription Service

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Uplay+ Subscription Service

So Origin released Origin Access and Origin Access Premier a while ago, now Ubisoft are releasing Uplay+, a subscription service where you pay a set fee every month to get access to every/most of Ubisoft's games.
    For example all of the Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Rayman, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, ect ect games. What do you guys think?

https://store.ubi.com/anz/uplayplus

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Uplay+ Subscription Service

Not for me, because titles i like to have, i do have already.

What i think is, Origin found or tries another way to bind customers and provide a steady liquidity.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Uplay+ Subscription Service

Yersterday the service was launched with a free month period to try it. At least on paper.

For now it is a huge scam. People (including this servant) are being charged for an advertised free month, there is no way to unsubscribe the service, not a single game is available to play and Ubisoft even formally took away Anno 1800, their most recent title on Uplay and a major selling point for Uplay+ (aka get all the new games on release date) from the service.

So for now I strongly advice everybody to stay away from this mess. I was tempted by the service despite my distaste for subscription service in video games as there is a couple of Ubisoft games recently released or soon to be released that interest me. This cataclysmic launch put me back into the right way : no subscription for video games.