Hello, I am currently learning to animate in Maya LT (went to school for 3D animation, but it wasn't for video games, so now I am making the transition to animate for games)

While I am learning this new program and creating a portfolio for myself to hopefully make it in the big leagues, I wanted to see if I could possibly spend some extra time (while still practicing my craft) animating for TATW, and by extension DaC.
Since TATW was only just a collection of previews before release I always hoped it would have more custom animations than it did. How cool would it be for each race to get some extra flavor with some new animations?

Anyway, to my understanding Maya LT needs the .FBX file type to open and edit animations. My question is, what is the best way (if there is even a way) to get M2TW animation files in .FBX format or at least some other way I can edit them in Maya LT? It is important to me to be able to use Maya, because honestly I am not really willing to put in more time to learn another program while I am trying to learn Maya for career purposes. So if I NEED to use a different program to animate for M2TW, unfortunately it would seem this is not going to happen any time soon.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

TLDR; How can I get M2TW files into .FBX format?