Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pictures for aruernoi and aedui temples buildings

Genava's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New pictures for aruernoi and aedui temples buildings

Should the pit be at the center of the tumulus and not at the top?
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Erken :

Yes. And if we want to follow closely the description of the site, I should add a marsh behind the mound.

Genava :

I think that there is a misunderstanding about the word "tumulus". In the french description the word used is "tertre", so I think I have made an improper use of the word "tumulus", instead I should have use the word "mound". Sorry for this mistake.

So, in the description of the sanctuary, the pit is nearly at the center (but not inside) of the mound. It's said that the pit remained a relatively long time open (the time needed for the pottery to be naturally broken by the weather). The fill of the pit was make naturally.

Today, I have been very productive (a lot of free time).

Level one temple of war (evocation of a libation of wine in a pit + a carnyx) :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Level two temple of farming (sanctuary of Bennecourt + the ox of the Gundestrup cauldron) :

Level three temple of farming (the main building of the sanctuary of Acy Romance + the ox of the Gundestrup cauldron) :

Level two temple of fun (another view of the sanctuary of Bennecourt + the bard of Paule) :

Level three temple of fun (the "grande halle" of the oppidum of Titelberg + the bard of Paule) :

They are great, very lively

Three new pictures :

Level one temple of health/fertility (a man throwing a sword in water + an horse of a gaulish coin, representing Epona) :

Level three temple of forge (another view of the sanctuary of Acy-Romance + the torc of Tayac) :

Level four temple of forge (another view of the sanctuary of Corent + the torc of Tayac) :

Another new picture :

Level four temple of war (the sanctuary of Ribemont sur Ancre + a carnyx) :

Now, the set pictures for the temples of war is completed.

Three new pictures :

Level two temple of health/fertility (the sanctuary of the "Pont sur la Thielle", near La Tène + an horse of a gaulish coin, representing Epona) :

Level three temple of health/fertility (evocation of the health/oracular sanctuary of the island of Sein + an horse of a gaulish coin, representing Epona) :

Level two temple of forge (the central part of final state of the sanctuary of Gournay sur Aronde + the torc of Tayac) :

Level four temple of fun (another view of the "Grande Halle" of the Oppidum of Titelberg + the bard of the farm of Paule) :

Level two temple of autority (reconstitution of an intermediate state of the belgian sanctuary of Gournay-sur-Aronde + the wheel of Taranis) :

The small sanctuary of the aristocratic residence of Montmartin have been move to the first level of the autority temple.

So the set of pictures of autority temples is completed.
    Last edited by torf; August 19, 2019 at 01:48 PM.

Two new pictures :

Level 4 temple of health/fertility (a gaulish sanctuary representation coming from the site of the CNRS (french archeological intitute) + Epona) :

Level 4 temple of farming (Another view of the main temple of Acy-Romance + the ox of the cauldron of Gundestrup) :

Number of pictures that remains to do : 2

Level one temple of health/fertility (evocations of the cult of the springs) :

Level two temple of war (another view of the sanctuary of Ribemont-sur-Ancre) :

So, it's finished. There have been some changes in the order of other temples.

Beautiful work. I would love to see one of these on a battle map (like the greek temples you see on a few battle maps)

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I would love to see one of these on a battle map (like the greek temples you see on a few battle maps)
    Yes. Me too. That could be a good suggestion to do. But I don't know, if it's possible.

It is possible but it probably takes a huge amount of work. Just see the new Punic cities, they have been worked for months.

i love this topic! all the work so far is great. my one thought for fertility icon to be a cornucopia, but i think the horse looks so nice!

Thanks.

The horse has been choose to represent Epona, as it's a specific celtic set.

The cornucopia would be more generic, and I haven't seen any gaulish or celtic representation of a cornucopia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12