Thread: Judea & Nabata campng outside Alexandria

Default Judea & Nabata campng outside Alexandria

I might have had an earlier version of this question eaten by the board as I can't find. Same game - IA playing Ptolemaioi.

I have five stacks of Judea and Nabata units camping out in Alexandria for ton of turns. Usually a trio of full stacks and a pair of half stacks.

Relations with the two are good with trade and non-agression treaties. They are on the regular rotation of factions that I send diplomats out to for little bumps or cash. We all are still client states of Antonious. Little risk at the moment of them turning on my while I campaign with my core stacks in Arabia. However, they are messing up the bread basket by their consumption.

Question - how to I get them out of there and back home without going to war? I really don't want to force Antonius to make a choice as the attacker.

antred's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Judea & Nabata campng outside Alexandria

I have that all the time. Many of my allies / client states love parking their armies in my territory, sometimes even if it's the other end of the world to them. If there is an easy fix I'd love to hear it. So far I haven't found one.

Yeah it's a frequent problem. Oh how many food shortages I've had to endure because of my clumsy paralyzed allies

Quite annoying.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Yeah it's a frequent problem. Oh how many food shortages I've had to endure because of my clumsy paralyzed allies
    You may already know this, but one thing you can do to get some relief (if your financial situation allows it) is to find out which of your provinces run the biggest food deficit and then exempt those from taxation. That will stop those provinces from drawing from your global food supply pool and might get you back into solid territory, food-wise.
    Last edited by antred; August 14, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

If I recall correctly, one solution is to change your game options so that you don't watch the AI's movements when they are making their moves. It does not resolve all of this behavior, but it does with some of it, and also seems to prevent some of it to begin with as well. I've no idea why this is the case, but this is what I remember being told, and it's worked alright for me. I could be wrong though.

Interesting. I have that set on "limited" and I very rarely if ever have that problem (although I very rarely have miktary allies or satrapies too).

I was wondering why that's the case

Yeah, the AI gets stuck sometimes and for some reason it can be based on that selection. Often just changing that for a turn can help.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----