Thread: Troll / Balrog / Sauron as General Model

Default Troll / Balrog / Sauron as General Model

Hello,

I am one of those who experienced regular CTD with the elephants models like Sauron or Balrog.

Will i have the same sort of CTD if i use the models for a leader custom battle model, but with regular bodyguards ?

I don't know if the CTD are coming from the model by himself or if it comes from the "elephant" unit type.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: Troll / Balrog / Sauron as General Model

I believe is the elephant unit type. A custom general model with a regular skeleton won't cause a ctd.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Yes, you are right, the elephant unit type is definitely the the cause for the CTD's. Strangely, only a part of the players encounters this problem though and I never have seen a convincing reason why that is so. However, if you suffer from it, Ents, Spiders and Wolves will cause crashes. Not necessarily in every battle, but usually more often than anybody would want.
    Sauron and the Balrogs tend to crash the game less often in my experience.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 12, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

So if i edit the elephants to be regular units, but with the same models, it will probably save me from CTD a little bit ?

And in the case of mumakil i think there is no solution, because even if i convert them as mount there will be only one rider...
    Last edited by Matthias the great; August 13, 2019 at 01:50 PM.

There was a huge thread on this here, years ago. There is a specific CTD caused by the fact that the "elephants" do not have any siege weapon the game expects them to have, and the CTD comes when the player, with the unit selected, touches the gates or destructable walls I think. There were several ways to fix this, like adding such weapon (a rocket launcher for example), with no ammunition.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?482859
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; August 13, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

Ok thank you.
    I am going to read that.