Thread: Mods with Jewish forts?

Default Mods with Jewish forts?

Hey everyone,

You know, the hardest thing in all of TW games is getting old.
    Well, here I am, back here at the age of 39, straight to Rome 2, but with a question.

Because of all of you folks our there, I am seriously unable to purchase any TW games before you have some modding
    Well, I am now looking for some mod, related either to Rome or Medieval Europe, but containing accurate locations.

I would very much like to see the fortresses of Masada, Herodium, Antipatris (All, roman forts) in the holy land, but i have no idea where to start.
    Perhaps if it doesn't exist, some modders with Accurate history mod would hopefully like to include that. With some reading, you would find these were hard forts to conquer. More interesting is the roman tactics used to do so, which makes it even more interesting.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations! Hopefully such ones exists.
    Reference: Rome were at war with Judea in 66-73. Perhaps any mod contains that there?

Default Re: Mods with Jewish forts?

You should have looked on Steam and done a mod title search for the keyword "Judea" there's actually Multiple mods that are set in that period, the biggest one that's up to date is an overhaul that lets you play as a Judean faction called Kingdom of Judah, and there's another called Trajan's Wars, and The Great Revolt..... And a few other similar mods that add temples, culuture, etc....

But you will not be seeing any of those fortresses, that's impossible, you can't mod battlefield cities in Rome 2.

My friend,
    Thank you for the detailed answer.
    Can I ask which one of them do you recommend?

I am surprised by not being able to mod the battlefield cities. Wasn't this allowed before in previous games, or am I imagining things?

I was absence for a quite a few years in gaming. Didn't think about steam actually. For TW series, home is here on my part. You always come home for answers.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

CA changed engine with Empire..then Napoleon/Shogun 2 saw some changes but major one comes with Rome2. Sadly while campaign map and battle maps are moddable for Shogun 2, for R2 they are restricted. Basically from R2 campaign map and thus adding new region,cities or changing the map itself is not possible. From Attila again the battle maps are being moddable and there is great deal of new maps for those newer games (Attila,ToB,WH(s)..) sadly R2 sits in bad spot.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Oh, I see. Disappointing.
    And how do these mods function on the allowed games? better than on previous games prior to rome2?

Thanks!